mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
Hi, I used to use a derivative of mIRC (UPP), and it included custom titelbar and tray icons. Unfortunately, development of UPP has ceased and it has been opened up as GPL. Now, what I am asking is for the ability to be able to change my titlebar and tray icons for mIRC without having to use a script or a dll or what have you, because I'm running mIRC 6.2 on the last new build of UPP and I'd like to have the same icons, or even if I wasn't running UPP, I'd still like to be able to change them at will. Is this possible? Or am I just grasping at straws? I may post in the support area concerning this as well...stay tuned.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
There is a /titlebar command in addition to the titlebar text in the mirc options. mIRC also has a tray icon in the options.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
For titlebar, Tools>Options> "Display">"Options" >> 'Show in mIRC titlebar:'
For tray icon, Tools>Options> "Display">"Options"> 'Tray...' button

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
P
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
Quote:
For titlebar, Tools>Options> "Display">"Options" >> 'Show in mIRC titlebar:'
For tray icon, Tools>Options> "Display">"Options"> 'Tray...' button

You were right on half of what you suggested, mate, I'm aware of how to change the *text*, what I'm trying to do is change the icon it uses, I've done some digging, and its shown that I might have to edit the mirc exe itself to get what I want to happen, so iono if I'll be able to get further help on that endeavour here...heh

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Ah, sorry i misread your post, yeah at the moment you would have to use some icon creation software to inbed/replace the default mirc icon that is attached to the executable. Not sure of any offhand, but i remember playing with a few icon creation programs years ago that let you replace or add icons to an exe file.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I believe that editing the mIRC.exe is a violation of the end-users agreement that you agreed to when you started the mIRC program.

V
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
V
Well unless you know how to remove the crc's in it, you're stuffed.
Last count on the new mIRC 6.2 was 4, the offsets change when a new version comes out.

Link Copied to Clipboard