mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#154775 31/07/06 11:05 PM
K
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
K
Hi guys, sorry to put another thread, but, here's a video of what I posted here last time to make it more clear to understand laugh!
Note: if above link doesn't work, try this one

Last edited by Kurdish_Assass1n; 31/07/06 11:10 PM.

-Kurdish_Assass1n
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
That's an interesting concept for sure. I suppose if it was counting ( and ) and not even trying to evaluate it it would be a bad idea. So all it would tell you is that in the file there is X more ( than ) or ) than ( but not color code it all........ interesting.

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
If you're sorry that you opened a new thread, why did you do it? Why didn't you post it as a reply in your first thread?

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
K
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
K
Quote:
That's an interesting concept for sure. I suppose if it was counting ( and ) and not even trying to evaluate it it would be a bad idea. So all it would tell you is that in the file there is X more ( than ) or ) than ( but not color code it all........ interesting.

I know, but, this is just me scripting a code like this, don't you think Khaled would know how to do much better, or even some of you guys.

-Kurdish_Assass1n
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
btw, in my last post I meant to say it would NOT be a bad idea but my fingers went faster than my brain and I didnt check it lol Sorry for any confusion. smile

K
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
K
lol, but, seriously, I really think it'll be a good idea to have something like this, it'll be very useful to people who script a lot. (imo)

-Kurdish_Assass1n
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Yes, it could be a good idea depending on the implementation. What I do is quite time consuming when I do script with many () in them..... I'll do something like this:

$identifyer(
$identifyer(
code,$identifyer(
mode code)
,2)
)

and then combine them all together to make sure I have the right amount of ( and ) especially for some identifyers that need comma separated input. First I'll write the code, then I'll break it down by parens like I showed above and then collapse it back to one line of code.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Id much rather have a function that tells me the number of { } ( ) in a highlighted section of code.

That way i can check a single section is correct or not, with out having to break up the line its on.

K
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
K
lol DaveC, if Khaled does make this feature, does he script this stuff, or....? I wouldn't know what he does to make these features, but, just wondering, because, if it's easy for me to script what I had up there, then, I'm pretty sure he can make something 200x better than what I had.

-Kurdish_Assass1n
Babel fish
Babel fish
i think it would be a nice fonction for a syntaxic coloration
i mean, until you have not closed all your "(", the text is shown in red (mean error)

but in first, make a syntaxic coloraiton xD

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Im not meaning a $function, im meansing a set of counters such as u showed that do the same thing but based on any highlighted text.
This would allow a whole block of text to be selected, and thus a correct { } count established in a glance.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
people keep forgetting that you are also able to use () in text and mIRC doesn't quote the strings so I think it's really hard to keep track of the () that are really part of an identifier and things....

this has been said by other people in the other thread already and I think it's a good reason to not do it...

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
X
x64 Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
X
When khaled does the new script editor he should include brace-matching like Visual Studio where it hilights the opening brace when you type the closing one.

Link Copied to Clipboard