mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
DaveC Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
D
ok well this started as just a small thing, but each time i went to define what it was, i found something else as well.

TEXT in listbox's changed apparence in mirc 6.20

Ok in previous mircs text in a list box appeared differently from regular text is a few ways...
(1) a $chr(9) tab would revert the text color to the lines defaults
(2) a ctrl-r would reverse the current colors, ie: yellow text on red would become red text on yellow (ctrl-r outside here using defualt color reversed)

Now (1) was live able, even usable, but not overly desired, so im happy its been fixed
And (2) was a nice difference but nothing ya cant live without, just change the color ya self now instead of using reverse

However theres some other changes i dont think are expected

If you ctrl-r reverse the text in the listbox, the between tabs span of space is reverse using "normal text" color and not "listbox text" color, so u get two differnet reverse colors frown

Also and far more disturbing is tab stops in listboxs would cause text to advance or retreat to the tabstop so you could end up with text covered by later text
While this is fine it now ALSO occurs in the mainwindow area, this is causing data i expected to just be tabbed out to be hidden. frown

Im also seem to be getting some wierd coloring problems in the listbox, but havent fully tracked that down, it might just be me so didnt want to plug it to hard.

[i][edit]
I take it back I love the tabstopped main window, as soon as i adjusted my tabs to better placing its just the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited by DaveC; 30/07/06 08:03 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is similar to what i posted under https://forums.mirc.com/s...p;page=0#162199

Update to what i posted about displayed text disappearing when you increase the 50 to a larger number above 110 or so in:

//window -c @test | window -ls -t1 @test | /aline @test $replace($str(_,50) $+ <tab>displayed string,<tab>,$chr(09))

..After I use "/window -b @test", the invisible text magically appears when i drag the horizontal scrollbar all the way to the right. In some situations, ive also seen the displayed string gradually appear as the scrollbar drags across

D
DaveC Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
D
I have noticed that the hidden text appears to actually get draw to the screen then replaced, one script i have filters specific data from a big list to a window, and repeatedly does it as more data is added to the master list, previously the windows data would just appear to be being added to, now theres this bit of a flicker, as pre existing lines "flicker" as the text is written then replaced as the TAB stop causes the text to move back left. Its something you only see on the odd line, as it must be getting written rather fast, so must only be caught occasionally as the screen is redrawn.

And sorry yes it is the same as your post, mine kinda changed as i was writing it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:
If you ctrl-r reverse the text in the listbox, the between tabs span of space is reverse using "normal text" color and not "listbox text" color, so u get two differnet reverse colors

Thanks the above issue has been fixed for the next version.

Link Copied to Clipboard