Print Thread
#154356 29/07/06 10:45 AM
M
Masken Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
I want to save window flashing settings for each channel, so that I don't have to set them every time I restart mIRC.

Is this possible to do with vanilla mIRC, or do I need some script, and if so, which one?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Are you referring to the /flash command as described in the help file, or the Flashing setting, that's available by right clicking on the channel name in the Switchbar/Treebar?

If the first, then a script will probably be required, however, if the 2nd, the setting stays until you change it. This was tested and confirmed for channel departure, network disconnect and mIRC closure. In all cases, the Flashing option remained checked when rejoined the channel (after reconnecting/restarting mIRC as necessary).

M
Masken Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
The right-click setting. And yeah, they all stay checked, which is the problem. I want some of them to be UNchecked.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Then simply uncheck them. I don't have time at the moment to test it, but in theory if it can remember which are checked, it should be able to recall which are unchecked.

M
Masken Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
I tried a vanilla install and found the problem: IRC->Options->Flash on Channel Message. With that box checked, it always sets channels to flash. But when unchecked, it remembers.

Thanks for your help.

Link Copied to Clipboard