Print Thread
#154012 25/07/06 10:47 PM
F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
Hello all ^_^

I would like to thank you all in advance for any help you may be able to give me, and thank you for taking the time out of your day to give me a hand.

The issue I'm having is with my computer loseing its connection to my home network (It's not my modem disconnecting from the internet but rather my computer disconnecting from my modem) while running certain aplications (Only ones I've noticed it with so far are Bittorrent and mIRC, but I fixed the bittorrent problem by changing from "Azureus" to "Bitcomet") I've talked to some friends off mine about it and called my ISP to make sure it's noting on their end and I havn't been able to come up with anything yet, so I was hoping someone here might be able to give me a hand :-)

Specs:
Windows XP
Network card is built into my motherboard - Motherboard is a MSI 865PE Neos-PS
I'm using a 3.5Mbit DSL and a 4 port router (Actiontec) Also I have a Static IP.

Please let me know if theres another other information you require :-) and once again thanks for any help you can provide!

#154013 26/07/06 01:55 AM
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
I find torrent programs exceptionally hard on my TCPIP stuff. I have never found mIRC to hog any bandwidth at all, even when, god forbid, dccing files, and especially not be all consuming to knock me off the network. I would be almost certain its the bittorrent stuff.

However recently i have been disco'd from my home network due to a poor WiFi signal as swmbothekid decided the PC was to now go in teh kitchen cupboard frown crazy

I guess you arent connecting wirelessly though..

Have you borrowed a mates router to test?

btk

billythekid
#154014 26/07/06 02:31 AM
F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
Hey,

No I havn't borrowed a friends router to test it, I have however run a laptop on the network and it hasn't had any issues at all.

And no, I'm not using wiresless at the moment smile

Thanks for the fast response ^_^

#154015 28/07/06 09:21 PM
O
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
O
i'm having the same issue...and i posted in another thread.
i'm just finding it interesting that there seems to be a few ppl with this problem recently...

...i did recently upgrade to winsp2....

#154016 29/07/06 10:24 PM
F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
I'm on win sp2 also. It really is a pain in the ass. Please do let me know if you figure out what is causing it smile

Link Copied to Clipboard