WRFan Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
W
When I type
Quote:
!list
in a channel and the active fservs reply with ads, what kind of event is this? I tried text, action, notice,chat, serv, snotice,ctcpreply, ctcp, raw, wallops, but somehow it doesn't work. Have been searching the net for hours, can't seem to find the answer. I need the name of the event, because I want to strip the colours off the ad messages.

Also, how can I determine what kind of an event is currently happening. Like, how am I supposed to know that topic reply is raw 332? Am I supposed to guess or can mirc actually echo the name of the current event to the status window?

O
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
O
This event is ON TEXT
example:

on ^*!:TEXT:!list:#: {
.msg $nick To access my Fserver Type 4/ctcp $me
!TRIGGER
}

To let them access your Fserver you need this command

ctcp ^*:*: {
if (!TRIGGER == $1) {
fserve $nick 2 C:\PATH_TO_FOLDER Fserver.txt
}
}

/fserve <nickname> <maxgets> <homedirectory> [welcomefile]

you need to set the path to your shared folder

Then set up a welcome file

last but not lease you need to setup an ad that is displayed every 10 minutes

/timer 0 300 msg #CHANEL TO ACCESS MY FSERVER TYPE 4/ctcp $me !TRIGGER

Quote:
When I type
Quote:
!list
in a channel and the active fservs reply with ads, what kind of event is this? I tried text, action, notice,chat, serv, snotice,ctcpreply, ctcp, raw, wallops, but somehow it doesn't work. Have been searching the net for hours, can't seem to find the answer. I need the name of the event, because I want to strip the colours off the ad messages.

Also, how can I determine what kind of an event is currently happening. Like, how am I supposed to know that topic reply is raw 332? Am I supposed to guess or can mirc actually echo the name of the current event to the status window?

Intelligence: It's better to ask a stupid question, then to prove it by not asking....
W
WRFan Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
W
I actually meant it the other way around - I don't have an fserv of my own, I just wanted to change the colours of the ad messages that appear in channels when you type "!list". Turns out it's a NOTICE event after all. It didn't work first due to wrong syntax I used. I used the following in a remote script:

Code:
on ^*:notice:*11*:#: 
{ echo 2 $chan $timestamp  &lt;4 $+ $nick $+ &gt;: $strip($1-) 
HALTDEF 
 }  

and it didn't work. Turns out the problem is with the location type (#). # means "Channel Window", but for some reason mirc doesn't recognise the fserv ad messages as coming from a channel window, although they do. Very strange. after changing # to * it worked. However, I still can't echo the output to a channel window by specifying the variable $chan, everything is echoed to the status window. On Text always echoes everything to $chan, why not fserv ad notices?

I changed $chan to -a (=current window) and now the output is echoed to the channel (if it's the active window at the moment), but that's not a real solution. Why doesn't $chan echo output work with fserv ad notices?

Link Copied to Clipboard