mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
ProoN Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
P
I've been noticing this on and off for a while now, but haven't thought anything of it as I originally thought it had something to do with being on dial-up and causing me to lag, etc, but it doesn't have anything to do with that (to the best of my knowledge, anyway). I've noticed when you first join a channel and double click on it (bringing up the /channel dialog), all text seems to halt from echo-ing to the channel until that dialog is closed, at which point, all text that was sent while the dialog was open will echo to the channel at once. It seems to only happen the first time you bring up the /channel dialog after joining a channel. After that, it seems to work how it's supposed to. It might conflict with auto-ignore settings for flooding, etc, which in turn might cause people to post "false" bug reports related to the auto-ignore settings, etc. Not really a serious bug, but a bug nonetheless. Note: I'm using 6.17. Might also occur on older versions, but I haven't tested.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
if u turn time stamping on, do all the lines appear with the same time stamp (or close like there all being draw/displayed now?) Or do they have time stamps of the expected time they came in, which might mean its some wierd NO GDI update bug.

P
ProoN Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
P
"I've noticed when you first join a channel and double click on it (bringing up the /channel dialog), all text seems to halt from echo-ing to the channel until that dialog is closed, at which point, all text that was sent while the dialog was open will echo to the channel at once.

mIRC echo's timestamps based on the time of the local machine, so yeah, the timestamps show it's all happening at once (give or take a millisecond or two). Is it just my client that's doing this or can others also verify?

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
yes and thats what i was asking for verification on, was it all being processed then, or was it just appearing suddenly, but infact had been processed prior.

I might say i clicked on a @windows switchbar button, and the window and its contents appeared all at once, now does that mean it the window appeared and the data was drawn into the window following my clicking on it or was it already in the window before i clicked on it and just the window was made visable. Most would think tha later, but i can script it to be the other, with the window being empty until activated.

Anyhow, I have tried and tried, even slowed stuff down with loops etc, but i cant reproduce this, sorry.

P
ProoN Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
P
hmm. Maybe it has something to do with which channel modes are set, the number of bans when retrieving the channel info, etc. I'll mess around with it tomorrow and see if I can figure out why it's doing this (computer isn't really running to it's maximum potential at the moment), but if you've tried to make the same thing happen, then it's probably something with how my client is set up. Ah well. I'll repost tomorrow when I get this thing running right and (hopefully) have figured out what's causing this to happen. Thanks for your input thus far, though.

Link Copied to Clipboard