mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
P
I'm suggesting that there should be more option(s) for the "Backup Files on Save" option in the script editor.

I would enjoy this so maybe we could make use of the /backup/ folder that is placed in mIRC as default? I personally do not enjoy having many ".bak" files saved in my script directories and would prefer the backup files to be in a folder labeled /backup/. but I'm not suggesting limiting the files only be saved to /backup/.

** Maybe an option to choose where you would like your backup files to be saved would be nice? This would definately be a plus in my views.

How about yours?

Thanks,
-PhantasyX

Live to Dream & Dream for Life
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I agree, a bak folder either way would be less clutter in the main folder etc

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I like the idea of backlup files and already implement this in a NONscripted way. Everytime I got to make a decent sized change, I first save the file as ScriptnameXX.mrc (XX being any 2 digit number from 00 to whatever the current is) in my backup subfolder, resave it as the script file, then make the change. yes, it's the long way around, but has saved my ass many times and at this point I could probably go back about 5 years worth of scripting if I needed to. In case you're wondering, that's NOT a lot of size taken away. MAYBE a meg if that smile

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I dont know what version of mIRC you use but it makes a bak (backup) copy of your mrc and alias files
Code:
/mkdir BAK
//echo -a $findfile($mircdir,*.bak,0,0,rename $qt($1-) $qt($mircdir\bak\ $+ $nopath($1-)))

give it a look

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I use the latest as always. I was simply saying how I did it myself vs a scripted version is all but thanks for the snippet

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it

Link Copied to Clipboard