mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Hello i have a question about long channel names. I joined a long channel name on a server and the window didn't even pop up??????? i want to know how to fix that so the window pops up.. Thank you very much for your time and help. Please get back to me with the solution. Thankz

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
When making queries like this, it helps if you include the network and channel, so that we can see if we have the same experience.

A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Hello the channel name is 91 characters including the #. and it will let me join it will show the /names list command. but it will not show a channel window.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I don't know what to tell you based on the information you've given.

I tried to create a channel on the networks that I'm on, with that number of characters in the channel name, and the channels always came up, although the channel name was truncated at 32 characters, which, as I found out, is a setting in the IRCd.

A
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
i think the server i am on is ircX .... does that make a difference?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
It might, as I said, I was unable to even create a channel with more than 32 characters in the name, so the difference is probably in the IRCd configuration, which is probably going to be different between ircX and Unreal IRCd's. At this point, my suggestion would be to check the network's help channel for information.

Link Copied to Clipboard