Print Thread
#153075 10/07/06 09:25 PM
Z
ZeAvIs Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Z
I'm trying to figure out how you can change how error messages such as typing an incorrect command are displayed. I tried using the on *:Error event handler, but it doesnt seem to work for me. Basically I tried this

on *:ERROR:*: {
/msg $me $1-
haltdef
}

So it would msg myself the error message, because I'm running a bot, and my stauts screen gets flooded with a lot of stuff that it does, so when something goes wrong, I don't want to have to search for the errors, I'd like them to be msged to me so it will be a lot easier for me to look thourgh them. So when I use the above script and I type say... /sdkjfhskdjf, I wanted that unknown command error to be msged to me, but it doesnt work. Is that the wrong way to do it, or do you have to do it some other way? Thank for your help!

#153076 10/07/06 09:58 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Please note that the ON ERROR event, like the ON TEXT event, cannot be triggered by the client that the code is on.

In your case place on your bot:
Code:
 on ^*:error:*:{
.msg <your nick> $1-
haltdef
}

Replace <your nick> with yuor actual nick, using $me will return the bot's nick, not yours.

#153077 10/07/06 10:43 PM
Z
ZeAvIs Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Z
Hmm, that still doesn't seem to work, if I were to type /dskfh in my bot, it still doesnt execute the on Error event. I even made some simple on text event on the bot so that when I type something my bot will try some bogus command and it still doesnt work. Is it possible that on Error is not for those types of message? And if so, are there other ways to parse those messages?

#153078 10/07/06 11:14 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
To find out exactly what is going to and from the server and your client (or in this case the bot), in the client, type
Code:
/debug @debug

This will send a complete listing of all commands sent to the server and the responses from the server to the @debug window. This will continue to accumulate until such time as the command
Code:
/debug off 
is issued on that same client (or the client is closed).

That should enable you to figure out which event you need to use to trap the proper information.

If you can't figure it out yourself, post a copy of the debug window (if you don't feel like typing it all out, just grab a screenshot of it and post the screenshot), and someone here should be able to resolve your problems.

#153079 11/07/06 03:31 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Please read

/help ON ERROR

You well find that this is NOT what you want anyway, but at least then you well know what it is for.

#153080 18/07/06 01:52 PM
G
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
G
Hi all!
I downloaded the mirc v617 and if I'm trying to connect to an irc server I got the following message:
* Connecting to eu.undernet.org (6667)
-
* Unable to connect to server (Software caused connection abort)

Could somebody help me to clear up this problem? I would be very thanful.

#153081 19/07/06 04:32 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
try a different server

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
#153082 19/07/06 08:53 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Your post has nothing to do with the original topic, so it should've been in a new post, not a reply. Additionally, this problem has been reported many times with many different possible solutions. Some people have found that one solution will work for them, while others have found that yet another worked for them, and, yet again, some people have tried all of the various solutions and still have this problem.

Link Copied to Clipboard