mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Y
yayq777 Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
Y
Help me understand what happened. I was chatting and everything stopped. Then when I started see the chat again people were telling me i was banned from the chat room.

so someone somehow blocked me from the room temporarily posed as me talk alot of dirt then let me come back.

I can see the horrible things they said as me in the log. So how did they do it? How come I didnt see it on the screen but my log recorded it?

any help would be appreciated

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Likely u have installed or allowed to be installed a script that lets someone take over your mirc remotely. I suggest you press alt-r then click view and go through each script u have installed and remove any you dont know about. If thats to hard for you then i suggest u delete mirc and reinstall it fresh.

O
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
O
anyone can change there nick to what ever they want on most networks. If you have nick kill on your nick then that would prevent it from happening to you. although not all networks support that option.

Intelligence: It's better to ask a stupid question, then to prove it by not asking....

Link Copied to Clipboard