Print Thread
#150966 11/06/06 07:37 PM
D
Darkmnm Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
I am having a serious issue with one of the servers I visit and my auto ident dialog and I've come here to see if anyone has a suggestion. Below is what I see when attempting to connect to the server.

(12:16:41) -irc.everywherechat.com- *** If you are having problems connecting due to ping timeouts, please type /raw pong 1f766964 or /quote pong 1f766964 now.
(12:16:42) -irc.everywherechat.com- *** If you still have trouble connecting, please contact brodle or sandi staff@everywherechat.com,sandi@chatstop.net with the name and version of the client you are using, and the server you tried to connect to: (204.157.0.193)
(12:16:42) —› authorization required to use registered nickname darkmnm
(12:16:42) -everywherechat.chatstop- Nickname Darkmnm is registered. You must provide the password (type /PASS password) to use it
(12:16:42) -everywherechat.chatstop- If you do not know the password, please change to another nickname (type /NICK anothernickname)
(12:16:52) -Darkmnm- You have 60 seconds to change your nick or provide the password before you are disconnected

Now, in my auto ident dialog i have the following code.

Code:
on *:NOTICE:*:*: {
  if ($nick == NickServ) {
    if (*owned by someone* iswm $1-) { net.identify } 
  }
  if ($nick == NickServ) {
    if (*registered and protected* iswm $1-) { net.identify }
  }
  if ($nick == Services) {
    if (*authorization required* iswm $1-) { net.identify }
  }
}

Now, for some reason when I start to connect all that is sent to me is the first bit that I pasted above until I identify with my password but for some reason my script is either not seeing the notice from the server or it's the wrong thing I am sending my ident to. I've tries the following in place of Services:

Nickserv, everywherechat.chatstop, Services, irc.everywherechat.net and I've even tried an on connect command and that is not even working although I don't want the on connect I would rather have my auto identify dialog to work like it does everywhere else.

Any help or information is greatly appreciated.

BTW, I've looked through their DOC's for information and not even anything there about how to identify and to what. Strange. I even went into their services channel and all one person could tell me was add it to my perform options which is defeating my purpose if I do a public release and people don't know how to mess with mirc that much and besides. I just want my auto ident dialog to do what it's supposed to. Again, Thanks in advance.

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
I believe the event you are looking for is on SNOTICE and not on NOTICE.

/help on snotice

Besides that, I noticed that the text you are checking for in the notices, does not exist in any of the notices you are receiving, so of course the auto-ident is never going to trigger.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Code:
on *:notice:*:*:{
if ($network == everywherechat) && ($nick == everywherechat.chatstop) { PASS %password }
}

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
(connecting to irc.everywherechat.com)

edit
on *:snotice:Nickname darkmnm is registered. : pass (yourpasword)

not a "standards based" server i guess, $network is null on there as well

Last edited by MikeChat; 11/06/06 09:22 PM.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
the discrepancy I see right off is the following:
-everywherechat.chatstop- Nickname Darkmnm is registered.
if (*registered and protected* iswm $1-)

You do not have a match here, so your script will do nothing.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
D
Darkmnm Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
Well everyone, thanks for your help and suggestions. It seems that doing the:

Code:
on *:notice:*:*: {
  if ($network == everywherechat) && ($nick == everywherechat.chatstop) {
    if (*nickname $me is registered* iswm $1-) { net.identify }
  }
}

did the tricks except i had to change it to:

Code:
on *:snotice:*: {
  if ($network == everywherechat) && ($nick == everywherechat.chatstop) {
    if (*nickname $me is registered* iswm $1-) { net.identify }
  }
}

Once again, thanks and it's greatly appreciated. One can always count on the mIRC forums for help, suggestions, and information.

Link Copied to Clipboard