mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
R
I find it irritating that the IAL is typically very out of date when there are users present but not posting in the public chat room.

I understand that the IAL is built by trapping posts and mode changes, then adding the nick to the IAL

Sure, nothing is perfect, but WHY when I first enter the room isn't the IAL for that room constructed with the info that is clearly accurate on the screen?

The only thing I can think of is that for some reason building the inital IAL from the server responses upon entering the room is somehow very intensive, and thus overall bad?

Off shoot question: is there anything one can do in a script that would cause the IAL to become more complete?

Thanks in advance...

K
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
K
You can send a /who request when You join a channel, so then IAL will be filled with all the entries. Something like
Code:
on me:*:join:#: who $chan 

Or probably it would be wise to add some timers, as not to lag yourself if joining many channels at the same time.

R
OP Offline
R
Yes, this seems to work very well. Thanks. I didn't do the remote, but yes I did think of a timer to avoid overloading services.

You'd think MIRC had this right at the beginning, since it must be doing the equivalent when i actually enter the room- they only needed to populate the IAL.

Thanks again!

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
The only thing I can think of is that for some reason building the inital IAL from the server responses upon entering the room is somehow very intensive, and thus overall bad?

nope, the irc server doesnt give the infomation needed for the IAL when u join the room, thats why its not populated.

Of the top of my head the only thing the irc server tells u are the names of the nicks in the room.

thats why a /who $chan on join is needed, to get the rest of needed info.

Link Copied to Clipboard