mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
tbby Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
T
Hi...not sure if this is the correct place to post this.

We've been hearing a lot of reports of people downloading a version of mirc created by Daveyboy at www.13km.com. He's added some kind of search bar that is constantly accepting popups and other types of spam.

This has cause some users computers to crash...lock up...etc.

While this might seem minor...people are now going all over bad mouthing mirc saying that it causes computer crashes, screws up computers, etc. I thought that Khaled would want to know this.

Many of the people in our chatroom have used mirc for years and have been trying to allay their fears, encouraging them to download an original version of mirc from your site...but the damage has been done

thanks

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
why dont u simply tell these people who say its mirc, to ask themselfs this, Is it mirc thats causing it or there own stupid selfs for downloading a modified copy of mirc with a virus in it.

If there still sure its mirc, tell them to format there harddrive then complain to microsoft becuase windows is now missing.

A
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
A
If this is true, IANAL, but I think Khaled needs to send them a Cease and Desist letter or something. He has pretty much copied the layout of the mIRC site as well.

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
Looks like at least two counts of copyright infringement to me..

Khaled and company need to give them a swift kick to the head..

-genius_at_work

Link Copied to Clipboard