#149226 15/05/06 09:33 AM
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
hello

by default:

single clicking on a nick in the channel window (not in nicklist) mirc highlights (selects) the nick in the nicklist

how can I make mirc to write the nickname in the text-input bar whenever I single click on a nickname in the channel window?

thanks

PS: please note, double clicking on a nick in the channel window, opens new query for it, which I want to preserve it ofcourse

#149227 15/05/06 11:25 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
As far as i know, you would have to completely replace the internal hotlink events for single click and double click i guess, and build in a nick matching system in the hotlink.
Im sure its already been done by someone but its a lot of work i would say.

here is a somewhat simple workaround.
and should work 95% of the time.

Code:
on *:connect:{ start.catch.nickselect.timer }
alias start.catch.nickselect.timer timer.catch.nickselect.for. $+ $cid -m 0 250 catch.nickselect.timer.alias
alias -l catch.nickselect.timer.alias {
  if ($chan($active)) {
    if ($snick($active,0) == 1) { 
      if ($($+(%,last.snick.for.,$cid,.,$active),2) != $snick($active,1)) {
        ;
        editbox -ap $snick($active,1)                    | ; replace editbox with selected nick and a space
        ;
        ;editbox -ap $editbox($active) $snick($active,1) | ; adds select nick and a space to end of editbox text
        ;
        ;editbox -ap $snick($active,1) $editbox($active) | ; adds select nick and a space to front of editbox text
        ;
      }
      set $+(%,last.snick.for.,$cid,.,$active) $snick($active,1)
    }
    else {
      set $+(%,last.snick.for.,$cid,.,$active) multiple,nicks
    }
  }
}

* you choose which of the 3 add nick styles you like

* if anyone knows how to get an event triggering when u click on the nick, shout out! becuase using a timer like i have is a resource hog.

#149228 15/05/06 08:48 PM
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
thank you very much

may I ask, the only thing I have to do is to paste the above code in my remote?

what does the '* you choose which of the 3 add nick styles you like' mean?

thanks

#149229 16/05/06 07:25 AM
C
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
C
He meant that you can choose in what way the nick should be added - just have a look at this code, and you'll see.

#149230 16/05/06 05:58 PM
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
so the above code is 3 scripts in one?

can anyone distinguish them please? and remove any unecessary things (the ; stuff) and add any necesary explanations at the end

thank you!

#149231 17/05/06 01:01 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
see these 3 lines in the script

editbox -ap $snick($active,1) | ; replace editbox with selected nick and a space
;editbox -ap $editbox($active) $snick($active,1) | ; adds select nick and a space to end of editbox text
;editbox -ap $snick($active,1) $editbox($active) | ; adds select nick and a space to front of editbox text

the bottom two have been ; remarkde out, so dont run, thus only the first one is selected.
If you dont like the first one, put a ; at the start, and remove it from one of the other 2

#149232 17/05/06 01:28 PM
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
thanks

it seems to work ok!

but it says everytime I connect
* Timer .catch.nickselect.for.3 activated

it seems like a sys resource hog

#149233 17/05/06 04:36 PM
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
unfortunatelly I found a problem

it works even if I click on the nick list so searching among the nick list using the keyboard results in having too many nicknames in my editbox, can it be disabled for the nick list and make it work only for the nicks in the room?

moreover, can we make it remove the nickname from the editbox if I click on a non-nickname space in a room ?

thanks

#149234 17/05/06 11:55 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
but it says everytime I connect
* Timer .catch.nickselect.for.3 activated

alias start.catch.nickselect.timer timer.catch.nickselect.for. $+ $cid -m 0 250 catch.nickselect.timer.alias
replace with
alias start.catch.nickselect.timer .timer.catch.nickselect.for. $+ $cid -m 0 250 catch.nickselect.timer.alias

Quote:
it seems like a sys resource hog

It is.

Quote:
it works even if I click on the nick list so searching among the nick list using the keyboard results in having too many nicknames in my editbox, can it be disabled for the nick list and make it work only for the nicks in the room?

no. It uses the fact that the nick list changes to trigger the change in the editbox.

Quote:
moreover, can we make it remove the nickname from the editbox if I click on a non-nickname space in a room ?

no. It doesnt know what you click on in the room, it simply sees a change in the nicklist and responds to that.

#149235 18/05/06 03:21 PM
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
maybe make it delete the nickname in the editbox when double clicking on the nick ?

Link Copied to Clipboard