mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Chesso Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
Iv'e made a very basic DLL with Dev-CPP that just fills data and parms to run /echo -a This is a test!.

What i'm aiming for is for my DLL to talk to my Delphi application by requesting some information and getting that back to mIRC. However my Delphi application supports WM_COPYDATA with SendMessage() API for getting information from it, this requires a callback.....

The only way as I see it to get information to mIRC is by filling the values in the function called from mIRC, but this is impossible if I need a callback function of sorts to wait for my Delphi application to send the DLL the information requested.

T
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
T
If you modify your delphi app slightly you can query anything from mIRC, even functions. Look for "SendMessage" in the help file.

I
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
I
my InGameIrc is written in normal C and it uses callbacks to send messages to q3 console's and it works jsut fine

its based off this http://www.slipgate.de/projects/qirc.html

C
Chesso Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
But how is it possible? When someone for example calls a function from my DLL i'm supposed to fill the data/parms etc with what I want to send back.

But first I have to use WM_COPYDATA with SendMessage() to my Delphi application *and then* wait for a reply in a callback. I can't possible fill the data/parms from the called function if i'm in the callback function checking WM_COPYDATA.

C
Chesso Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
So nobody knows? whether it's possible or not?

I
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
I
well i got a verry hard time understnad wut u are willing tode :tongue:

C
Chesso Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
My guess is that your native language is not English? (No offense).

What I am trying to do is call upon a function in my DLL within mIRC, in turn this function in my DLL will speak with my Delphi application if it is presently running.

My Delphi application will then send some information back to the DLL in which I need to get back to mIRC somehow for display.

Normally when you call a DLL function in mIRC it should basically fill in the data/parms values *inside* of that function right?

But in this case it is not possible, because I have to send a message to the Delphi application first and wait *in a seperate function* in the DLL for the response.

How can I possibly fill the data/parms values of the called function if I am no longer in that function? Short answer: I can't.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
can't you use the DDE function of mIRC for that?

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
C
Chesso Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
Don't know? never heard of it lol.

It's been along time since I have even been on IRC let alone used mIRC, I used to script alot years ago when alot of people were using Vincula to enter MSN Chat with mIRC and only really concentrated on the features made available by that script.

Link Copied to Clipboard