Print Thread
M
mpm166 Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
Hi,

I have a short question. I am currently using mIRC 6.16 and would like to update to version 6.17. I have a fairly large list of favourite channels that I don't want to lose (as well as my current settings, however, those are less important). When I install 6.17, will I lose all these channels in my favourites list or will they transfer over? If not, is there a way I can save them and then load them into version 6.17?

Thanks to anyone who can help

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
If you select (when installing) "Keep current settings", it will keep ALL of them across the board.

As for the Channel List, that's stored in the mirc.ini file. It has been suggested before to take them out and put them into a file called channels.ini or even some other file than the mirc.ini, but as for now, that's where they are smile Hope this helps

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
C
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
C
I live in Ca. and I use windwos XP. what state should I use to download Mirc?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This should've been posted as a new topic, as it doesn't relate to the original topic. In any case, normally the site that is the closest to you is the best, however, it doesn't really matter as the files on all of the official sites are the same. Just make sure you access the site from Download mIRC

Link Copied to Clipboard