mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
V
vcv Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
Thundercats is still on TechTV... or is that Thunderbirds? Crap, I can't remember.

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
That just seems wrong to lock a person on a channel during commercials. It goes too far. But there is a solution to basically free programming, and with people flipping through the channels during commercials. Get rid of the commercials. Instead, auction off commercial space. This commercial space would mean putting advertisements on the screen during the movie. I mean, if it's like Snickers who wants to advertise, put a little Snickers bar logo at the bottom right, about maybe 1/7th the way upward and about 1/10th inward from the right about. This way, people are annoying to look at it and it stays in their minds. Okay, maybe not 100% of the show's time, but have it pop up now and then. It will get their attention. Or if that doesn't work, shorter commercial breaks. Like one commercial per break means like 20-30 seconds. People won't flip around and risk missing it or whatever. And if they do flip around, when they check back, they'll see the commercial.

About artists putting their music onto CDs, here's a solution. Sell it on CDs cheap, and sell it on the Internet cheap too. That way, people won't have to fork over $20 for a CD in a store. Maybe they will feel able to buy it as a MP3 off the Internet maybe for $2.99. People will feel less like stealing hopefully. And with concerts, they earn enough money anyways so they don't have to starve to death or anything.

HDTV is a great invention. But it shouldn't be used on t.v. except for events, such as sports and the news. This makes it so if someone wants it in HD format, they have to buy the DVD. You get what you pay for, and if it's free on t.v., it shouldn't be in HD format.

I think it's okay to download episodes off the Internet if you can't get it anywhere else basically. Even for old movies that you can't find anywhere else. If it is possible to get it reasonably by buying it, that's a different matter since you are directly taking away from possible profit from them, which could lead to more movies in the future if they have the funds.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That already happens anyway, especially during live sport. In addition to that is the endles increase in on-field ads, the billboards around the perimeter fence, commercial breaks and the usual BS at the beginning and end of the programme - "This programme was brought to you by <List 30 sponsors here>".

There is one alternative that is better - watching a Government owned broadcaster, NO ADS AT ALL! :-) The 7pm news on the ABC in Australia rocks.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Im pretty sure that you're thinking of the thunderbirds....I see those on television once in a while....thundercats used to be replayed on the cartoon network but they took it off...otherwise i'd have been using the vcr to record....ah well too late smile

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Off the topic, but anyways. Is Thunderbirds this? Cause if so, it's on t.v. a lot.

Marionettes play members of an international rescue team in this 1965 series set in the year 2065.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
That would be it. You call em marrionettes I call em cheap Mr. Rogers wannabe puppets but yes you are correct.. that is still on tv often. The thundercats was a cartoon back in the late 80's It was about a civilization of cats from the planet thundara and their planet was destroyed and the survivors found refuge on earth yada yada....was a cheesy cartoon if you think about it but back in the day it was totally kick ass...but I could never find a dvd/vhs on any of the episodes so thats why I downloaded some episodes and put em to disc...

No need to apologize for the off topic discussion...LOL but you are right...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I've never heard of the Thundercats but the Thunderbirds are an absolute legend.

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Hard to believe that Thunderbirds is on so many times a day.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
You should look into it watchdog, was a cool cartoon...came out about the time the "transformers" came out. Just look past the cheesy animations and voice overs and its still cool. I grew up watching it...but still a classic in my eyes...

As for the thunderbirds...I cant believe that its still going strong on tv...

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Still off the subject, hope no one minds. But about it going strong, it's not on any basic cable channels, so can that still be said? Maybe it's on a basic cable channel in your area, I don't know. Cause extended cable channels seem to be able to do whatever they want. Overdoing things by showing them a lot. And I don't mean premium. I mean those other channels that even cover some extended premium channels.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I can't. I live in a flat and our cable providers won't supply blocks of flats with the service. Same reason I can't use cable for the 'Net. I'd love a static IP but for now I have to use 512k ADSL with dynamic IP.

When I was a squirt I used to get up at 06:00 each morning and after listening to the national anthem (Ahhhh the days before 24hr television) the Thunderbirds would come on and I would much my Weet Bix to the sound of "5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Boom! - Thunderbirds are gooooo."

I look like one of the crew when I am drunk lol.

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
About that one t.v. that has that lock feature, what prevents someone from unplugging it every single time a commercial comes on?

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Well I should rephrase myself about it going strong. In this area They have the television shows every so often but not every day and I think the other day, I thought I saw the movie Thunderbirds 6 on showtime at like 3am....so rather than saying its going strong...I should be saying the re-runs are still showing...LOL

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
What really counts is how often a complete run of the series occurs. Like a complete series repeat for an old show every 39 weeks is honorable. A less popular show should get a repeat of all the episodes in 78 weeks. Now, if it has a ton of episodes, it may have to be shown every 78 weeks to be fair to newer shows.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard