Print Thread
#148434 05/05/06 07:40 PM
J
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
J
Hey Guys.

I love Mirc and want to create a "portable" mirc which is intended to run on a usb memory stick. As far as I know, the only information thats Mirc stores in the registry is the registration info so the person would have to enter it once on each computer that they use portable Mirc on. I have customized 2 settings

1. Disabling logging of all chats in channel or private message
2. Prompting every time for location to save files to when downloading insteading of automatically saving the files to a predetermined path)

What I want to know from you guys is if it is ok if I can submit this portable Mirc to portableapps.com which is a repository of portable Windows applications designed to run from a USB memory stick. They don't have an IRC client and I think Mirc would be the perfect client to run portably. Of course, Khaled would still recieve credit for Mirc and it will display the registration dialog for those who have not registered it.

Thanks,

JD

#148435 06/05/06 12:26 AM
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
You would have to send an email directly to Khaled and ask for his permission.

-genius_at_work

#148436 06/05/06 02:42 PM
S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
dont some of the older versions not run on registery
back in the day
*cough* when i was in college,
i wasnt allowed to instal programs on their puters
but i could put mirc on a floppy disk
and use it to chat
are you sure it goes to the registery?

#148437 24/05/06 02:57 AM
S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
If you can find the needed keys in the registry, you can always export them to a .reg file and have a small script run the file to add the data to the registry on mirc-start.

#148438 27/05/06 06:05 PM
C
Babel fish
Babel fish
C
for a floopy i think mIRC is a little heavy to run from a floopy...if you wanna all the features of mIRC you can try it, but if you just wanna chat with other people on IRC, its betther you use on program called IrcDos, the name says everything...you can chat on IRC by this!
You dont even need to install it, just run it an chat =)!

If you wanna i can send it you by mail!

Thats all

The practice do the Master...

Link Copied to Clipboard