mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
Earlier today I was attacked by an lamer who was sending me a private messages that caused disconnects using 3 different clients mirc, xchat, and an embedded client in the stardockcentral app (latest versions of each.

At the moment I've stopped him using the tor proxy, but since it also interferes with my identifying myself to bots elsehwere I don't want it as a permanant solution.

I don't want to post the fll text publicly but the first 5 chars of it begin with the D and end with the quote:: DCC "

After I proxied myself, the idiot claimed it was related to my netgear router, but I don't know if there's any truth to his claims. I have port fowarding enabled on 113, but am otherwise locked down.

D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
Just by googling "miRC netgear exploit" several interesting things come up. Try googling it for yourself, and read some of the links. I don't use a netgear router, so I can't be of much help. But I'm certain that if you spend a little time googling, and reading, you'l find a solution.

S
OP Offline
S
ty. I must've fatfingered something since I tried earlier and only got netgear marketing pages.

the problem was an 'anti-ddos' feature that's capable of being exploited to ddos. The anti-ddos is from the routers webportal help.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
hehehe netgear's were to cleaver for our own good routers strike again!

Link Copied to Clipboard