mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Cork Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
I use a custum window to create a log window and would like to be able to right click a line to remove it, the lines is stored as text and not list-box lines.

I'v looked everywhere i can find but can't find the least bit of info on this.

thanks for all replies
Cork

O
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
O
Instead of echo'ing all the lines to the window you could make a /window -l186 or whatever size so the listbox takes up full window and then add lines with /aline -l, but since you already said yours isnt using listbox i think you might have thought of this already.

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
I don't think you can remove lines like that, unless the window is a listbox-type. You may want to try putting reference numbers next to every line, then you could make a command that searches for a line beginning with whatever line reference number you enter, and deletes it. I think /filter would probably work well for this.

Code:
/filter -wwcpzx @window @window 832 *

(untested)

-genius_at_work

C
Cork Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Yes, I'v thought about listbox but cause it dosn't do linebrake its not interesting.
And the removage of the line isn't a problem I just need to convert the mouse position to line number or the text line then its doable with /dline or /dline $fline .

Cork

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
The codes not hard to script, was hard to think of before i needed it myself, i did something similar where i wanted a list box on the left and right, but i didnt want a real lsitbox on the left, since i also wanted to be able to copy and paste from it. In mine i invert using ctrl-r the line the mouse is on in the hotlink, removing it from the previous line. So its like one constantly highlighting line. But for your need i simply enabled u to get the line number the mouse is on during a right click.

Code:
on ^1:HOTLINK:*:@windowname:{ set %windowname.lastpos $mouse.x $mouse.y $hotlinepos }
menu @windowname {
  rclick:{ if ($mouse.x $mouse.y == $gettok(%windowname.lastpos,1-2,32)) { dline @windowname $gettok(%windowname.lastpos,4,32)) } }
}

* only bad thing is this doesnt deal with you right clicking over spaces in the line, but well to bad! lol

* replace all occrances of "windowname" including in the sets with YOUR windows name.

* if you dont want the fingerpointer add a | HALT to the end of the hotlink, but this makes for not so easy to spot that u need to be over text, and the mouse never changes.

%windowname.lastpos contains 4 space seperated values that were pulled at the last hotlink event (mouse over text event) mousex mousey word# line#

(word# is which word the mouse is over, u likely dont need it, but i left it in incase you have a brain flash for something else)

C
Cork Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
ow nice! i get the ide grin

Cant get it to work though the on ^1:HOTLINK event blocks the menu command to trigger except over spaces for me what ever i try and the hotlink only works over text so i have to move the mouse to the the diffrent events to trigger and there of braking the x y link did i do anythin wrong?

Code:
on ^1:HOTLINK:*:@Topics:{ set %Topics.lastpos $mouse.x $mouse.y $hotlinepos }
menu @Topics {
  rclick:{ if ($mouse.x $mouse.y == $gettok(%Topics.lastpos,1-2,32)) { dline @Topics $gettok(%Topics.lastpos,4,32)) } }
}

Cork

B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
Try:
Code:
on ^1:HOTLINK:*:@Topics:{
  set %Topics.lastpos $mouse.x $mouse.y $hotlinepos
  halt
}
You'll lose the mouse hand but it seemed to work in my test script.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
as Bob57 said add the HALT but really if u wanted a menu there you should have said, what u said was "would like to be able to right click a line to remove it" and from that i assumed u just wanted to right click to remove the line, aka no menu needed.

C
Cork Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
yup yup that fixes the script thanks both of you!

and no i didnt want a menu i just couldent get the script to work at all.

Cork

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
hmmmm ok thats a bit wierd, it worked fine for me, maybe you have another script somwhere that was picking up the non halted preevent hotlink or something, anyway it works now.

Link Copied to Clipboard