mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
W
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
W
movies to download.I'm new to mIRC and am having a little trouble finding my way around.

R
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
R
I'm new to and looking solet me know too

V
vcv Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
IRC doesn't have movies to download.

There IS channels that will have bots that you can download movies off of, but it is ILLEGAL.

I recommend you not ask where to get warez on a public forum.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Go to a shop and buy them. grin

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
To add along to what vcv stated, there are programs out there that is meant for downloading. mIRC isn't one of them. Yes, filesharing such as downloading anything without purchasing i.e. music, videos or whatnot is illegal, and well its gonna keep happening unless by some freak miracle that all peer 2 peer programs must require a fee...kinda how like napster is now. Look into other programs like kazaa and thats all im gonna tell you.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Since what you are asking for is:
1. illegal
2. asking ppl to spam/advertise their channels (which we dont allow)
3. a great way to get trojans/virii which we spend a lot of time helping ppl to get rid of
4. not allowed on some networks and trying will get you banned from them

we cant/wont help you with this.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C

S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
I thought you were going to end your sentence with "the new version of mIRC".. nobody knows or ever will know the answer to that. I doubt there will be one. (moderator note: yes there will be, its just never announced in advance)

However, you ended your sentence with a question about ILLEGAL! downloads. Nobody will help you with that here, and mIRC is NOT the new napster or the answer to Kazzaa. In fact, IRC servers like DALnet learned that lesson only too well and changed their policy accordingly now everyone enjoys CHAT on all the previously afflicted servers! God bless DAL, an take heed others..

Last edited by ParaBrat; 12/03/03 07:34 PM.
W
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
W
I'll take that as a no then should I ?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mORC?

S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
my 'I' comes out as 'O' when i hold SHIFT sometimes. Can't edit the post after 10 minutes here. crazy

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Ahhhh fair enough. grin

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
My opinion. I think it's wrong to download movies off the Internet. However, I think it's perfectly okay to download episodes of t.v. shows, provided the shows were not recorded off a premium channel and are not out on video yet. Just my opinion, nothing more.

V
vcv Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
Initially I wanted to disagree.. but thinking about it.. it is no different than taping a show with your VCR so you can watch it another time. So anyone who says it is wrong, is more than likely a hypocrite, provided they've ever taped a T.V. show (which I'm sure most people have) :tongue:

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
*hides his extensive pay-per-view recordings archive, copied cd's for the car, taped songs from the radio...*

Never said I didn't record movies or TV episodes...also do you honestly think that "Thundercats" (cartoon) is on vhs? or dvd? I haven't seen em....and yet another reason for using Kazaa. Basically until someone kicks down my door and slaps my wrist for doing so I say no matter how you put it...Downloading be it legal or not will always continue one way or another. But why bother getting into a debate over it. I'm sure everyone here has downloaded something legal/illegal at least once...

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Maybe not wrong - but quite possibly dangerous. When did you ever get a virus from taping a TV show? :tongue:

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
The types of file you would download to play any kind of media (.mpeg,.mp3) would not likely give you a virus.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I beg to differ.

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
V
vcv Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
If the extension if an actual movie file, you will not get infected. Anyone who is computer literate should be able to tell the difference between a REAL movie file (.mpeg, .mov, .avi, .mpg, .asf, .wmv, etc) and a FAKE movie file (.vbs, .exe, etc). All it takes is some common sense.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You can put a virus in any filetype. That is a well-known but commonly overlooked fact.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard