mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
N
Hey Guys,

I just got an HP IPAQ PocketPC and was wondering if mirc has a compatible version for Windows PocketPC 2003 or w.e. operating system that is.

Thanks,
Nick

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
The only version of mIRC is available from the downloads page (www.mirc.com/get.html). If that doesn't work, then you are out of luck unless you can find some way of emulating a full PC windows environment (as opposed to a PDA environment).

-genius_at_work

N
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
N
Yeah....its real simple, when run through the auto install for mirc, it doesnt even show my pocket pc as an optional drive to install to =/ Was wondering if any mirc moderators would know any fixes to this.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I got one of them as well a model 6365, and i never worked out a way to do it.

However assuming you also have a home/office/other pc, which can remain connected to the internet while your away.

I would suggest you use The PocketPC's Terminal Services Client to attach to your home pc, and do your mircing from there.
(in case your not familar with Terminal Services, it lets you logon and/or (or only in server os's) takeover the pc, it essentially emulates your other pc on the local one.)

* its great as you can leave mirc running, but not inccur the higher rates for celluar based internet (if you cant find a ir/bluetooth/wifi connection).

M
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
M
I'm not well aware of how PPC works and how mIRC's installer works.
But you may try the following:
- install mIRC on a personnal computer
- transfer the files from that computer to your pocket PC

You may need to edit some files to set the correct paths to files.
Also, mIRC uses Windows' registry to store some informations (like your registration key), so you may encounter problems like being unable to register your copy even with a valid key, or mIRC may not run at all!

Best of luck anyway!

Link Copied to Clipboard