mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
jbclem1 Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
This has happened two times in the past two weeks. My IRC server list goes blank (using mIRC 6.16) and when I look at the file it has a size of 0 bytes. The first time this happened I replaced it with a slightly older servers.ini file I had for backup, and then there was a list in the IRC Server drop down and I could use the program. Then today, I started up the program and the same problem occured. I checked and the servers.ini file was down to 0 again. One thing that did happen today, and I'm not sure if it happened the prev time, was that my electrical power went off and the computer was on at the time. Could this have caused the data in the servers.ini file to be deleted?

Also, I haven't been able to find a new servers.ini file to download although I see mention of it on the web site , but no visible link.

jc

J
jbclem1 Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
I just replaced the servers.ini with a backup and it was emasculated again...so I know it wasn't the electric power crash that caused the problem. Something else is going on???

All I did was open up a different server(and the list was there when I did that)...and when I went back to open up a second server the list was gone and the servers.ini file was back to 0 bytes.

jc

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
The front page links to it...it says 'servers.ini', that is the link. You can also go to www.mirc.co.uk/servers.ini though. If you use Firefox (or possibly any alternative browser to Internet Explorer), you'll need to File > Save As.

Make sure you have no scripts overwriting the file (type /!remote off), and then replace the file with the latest servers.ini.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard