mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
A lot of the older features, like flood protection, has /flood ... to customize the flood protection via code. However, this doesn't seem to be the case for the newly introduced features. Features such as auto server checks, majority (if not all) of the newly introduced lock features and others.

Was wondering if there is commands in mIRC to already do these things or not.

The main one i really wanted it for was the server connection check. As i noticed it takes approximently 4 to 5 minutes to really determine if the server is there, i had another code which i used for mIRC before, which did the same job as this, but seem to be able to detect server disconnection within 30 seconds or so. So yea, it was a lot more accurate and meant less time out of chat :P.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
a general /options and $options would be a definate plus!

beats reading mirc.ini

$maybe
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
There should be no command for the lock features, if
a script can unlock them with a command then it kinda
defeats the purpose doesn't it?

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
you could always have a lock option on the unlock feature smile <ok ok this does seem a tad pointless>

/lock unlock
* locked unlock
/unlock unlock
* no unlock command, locked in options

Oh damn now iv done it!

T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
Far enough, not on the lock ones, but what about the ones like auto check for server connection, or custom the time checks, so that it's not like every 5 minutes, but say every 30 seconds or so. I'm sure many would agree, it would be a lot nicer to be able to customize mIRC via remote commands to the majority of things, as it can save time.

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
The /unlock (and maybe /lock) commands could be restricted to command line only (not permitted in scripts). Or maybe the lock/unlock commands could simply open a mIRC dialog (or a shortcut to the relevant options tab) where the lock options can be altered manually.

-genius_at_work

Link Copied to Clipboard