Print Thread
E
Enriad Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
E
Hi,

this is pretty insignificant, though I noticed when performing a /whois on someone, the 'end of whois' list is shown directly under the whois (I'm working on the 'show whois in active window' method). Though, when you /whois nick1,nick2 the 'nick1,nick2 end of whois list' is sent to the status window.

Also, there is parsing issues when connecting to PsyBNC, mainly to do with a bug in PsyBNC. When targetting a channel with an apostrphe in it, the channel is cut off, eg /msg #chan's hi, will return 'servername.you.are.on #chan - unknown network', same with joining, though you can bypass some of these by prefixing the channel name with a colon, eg /join #chan's

I know the last one isn't directly mIRC related as it's based on the RFC and PsyBNC, though is it possible to have mIRC use some support for this at all, or is this something which should be scripted?

Also, regarding /list, I'm assuming there is a buffer issue as not all channels are listed. I tried this on a network and received X/Y results instead of X/X when i did '/list'. I'm not sure how this works, though I can assure you the IRCd is sending me all channels listed (obviously, if it still displays the total amout). Modes +s/+p and such are of no concern, I'm trying this on a local network and I develop the IRCd, so I'm positive that all proper data is being sent to the client.

Thanks for your time and sorry about the long post,

Daniel

Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Hello,

Quote:
this is pretty insignificant, though I noticed when performing a /whois on someone, the 'end of whois' list is shown directly under the whois (I'm working on the 'show whois in active window' method). Though, when you /whois nick1,nick2 the 'nick1,nick2 end of whois list' is sent to the status window.

That's indeed a bug.

Quote:
Also, there is parsing issues when connecting to PsyBNC, mainly to do with a bug in PsyBNC [...] is this something which should be scripted?

It should be scripted. It's not mIRC's task to make up for the quirks in some bouncer.

Quote:
Also, regarding /list, I'm assuming there is a buffer issue as not all channels are listed. I tried this on a network and received X/Y results instead of X/X when i did '/list'.

Did you uncheck "Hide non-text channels" at alt+l first?

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Quote:
Did you uncheck "Hide non-text channels" at alt+l first?

Also in that same section, if your minimum number of
users is set above one, mIRC will be hiding channels.

E
Enriad Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
E
I'm such an idiot, forgot I had that there, sorry guys

*crawls away and dies*

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
*nevermind*

Last edited by Jigsy; 31/03/06 07:35 PM.

What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?

Link Copied to Clipboard