mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#145729 27/03/06 06:22 AM
W
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
W
some people on my server log in with different names all the time. is there a way to keep a log or have a whois when they join the channel and msg that to a channel or person so that i know who it is. maybe have a log of everyone on the channel so that i can clck there name and see who else they have been for nicks. seems huge but i hope its simple enough. and answer this when you reply... when you come here is it to help people learn or flex your knowledfe on programming? i know only basic from the old days and i loved to ask people for programs and make it.. thank you. and another thing with this.. some people join from seperate IP addresses. so if user X joins with these 3 ip's and then desides to change his nick to whatever on #3 and then joins later on ip #1 with a different nick. can that be recorded as well? basically linking each username with each ip and keeping a running list of it..

Last edited by WildCard; 27/03/06 06:25 AM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Yes this all can be done, but as you noted, with all the different combinations that you're wanting to track, this not going to be small. I'm not going to try to code it here at the moment, but should have something for you in 24 to 48 hours.

W
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
W
just thought of another error... if someone changes there nick to someone elses... like mine it would link mine and his. maybe have an option of a large combine like that to be ignored..

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
The only way this could be handled is if the network has something like nickserv to control who is able to use what nicks. Aside from that, this last request makes the task impossible.

W
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
W
there is a nickserv. and when you whois someone it will tell you if there registered. is this what your saying? i cant view the people in the group but it dows tell me on /whois that there registered.

Shorty is Shorty@Worshiping.Teh.Bald.One * Shorty
Shorty is a registered nick
Shorty on %#judges4you +#magic-league @#stfu
Shorty using ds9.solidirc.com Your Home in outa Space
shorty End of /WHOIS list.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This further information helps a lot. I'll work on it tonight (after dinner) and should have a code posted in a day or two.

W
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
W
also on initail load can it whois every person in every channel i'm in?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Yes, but be warned that doing a /whois on everyone in a channel, especially a large channel, can get you flooded off of the server, in addition, some IRCops have scripts that give a custom response as they have the ability to detect and intercept /whois queries.

W
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
W
true.. so that wont be possible..

Link Copied to Clipboard