mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
FLyFLu Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
F
One friend tell me that he have addon with who read somebody else's chat ,i cant belive in this ,but if this its truth ,someone to know what is the code ?

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
Someone specific? If so, they probably used some "sneaky" way of installing a malicious script.

If they mean everyone on the server, they would need administrative access to the server, and this would be only for traffic sent over the server (which excludes DCC Chat).

There are many non-mIRC ways of monitoring network traffic, under the "proper conditions".

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This is not possible from a client perspective. Some networks either have or had scripts at the server level that could (and sometimes did) monitor chat's. These networks (if any of them still exist, I don't know) defended their usage of these scripts on the basis of being able to provide legal documentation to the authorities in case illegal transactions were being arranged via pm.

Some networks support a channel mode to prevent swearing (on one network that I'm on, they use mode +G (general audiences? ) to replace swear words with <censored> at the network/server level.

C
Babel fish
Babel fish
C
yes its possible, in the actualety exists some addons with these functions, who the autors call remote control systems, and the explanation for these addons is they can control remotly another machine, good for LANs and etc, but in fact they are just some kind of trojans like Netbus, they are similar but destinated for diferent envirements!
They are similar to real trojan horses, the infection is maded by people who dont know the real funcions of some addons, they load these addon, and then the master (client) have total control fot the infected machine called slave (server).

The mode what Master control the salve machine can be by a lot of ways, though CTCPs, Sockets, trigered by text/notice commands.

These addons can do more than see say you say, they can:

* Receive/send things
* Add/Dell things
* Keylog functions
* etc etc

They can do what the master imagination get, or the addon functions be able to.
Soo never load stranger Scripts/rotines/addons, always see whats kind of addon you run!

Thats all

The practice do the Master...
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I stand corrected about the ability to do this, however, I would like to point out that your friend can't do this unless the person that they are monitoring has installed a script that allows them to do so. When I first read your query, I was thinking that you meant, could it be done without the other person doing anything. If this is what you meant, then I still stick by what I said.

C
Babel fish
Babel fish
C
yes its correct, the infection only just occurs if the victim run something like a rotine/addon etc!
normally it happens when somebody send to you (most of cases in querys/chat) strange messeges, inviting you to download a new patch for some thing, a game or even a securety bugfix to mIRC, when you enter the mentioneted webpage you automatically be infected; or they say to you, to type strange lines, who in fact are encoded commands to instal a backdoor in your system!

If you dont accept or type any strange command or messege or visit doubtful websites, its a kind dificul to be infacted!
Soo i suggest again: Never and never run commands Rotines/Addons you dont know if they are reliable!

Thats all

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Your correct on that.
However there is another odd thing someone can do (this is not strictly connected to the first question but still odd), when a dcc chat is made to someone, assuming they know the IP of the dcc initiate and what port its wanting to use, you can jump in there and make that connection yourself, the other persons mirc well be fooled into beleiveing its the person they dcc chatted. While I havent done this myself with dcc chat, I have done it with dcc sends (someone mentioning the method using dcc chat is what made me think of the dcc send method). Of course the chance that you would know when someone was dcc chating someone else and on what port and there IP is rather low, without some kind of stealthy bit of code on either the iniitiates or recievers mirc.

PS: I was not covertly stealling someones sends by the way, i was routing onwards a send, so instead of "sender to reciever" it went "sender to whoever reciever wished to send file to"

C
Babel fish
Babel fish
C
there are many tricks to fool somebody else,and that odd is one of them, that is like a spoof of DCC or expoit i think!
using SSL its possible to do that anyway?

I dont know if is possisible be infected just open a query/chat like i already seen in MSN, but i think its possible some kind of infection by Raws or something, but its just my mind runing higher...

baause some people geted infected just do nothing, i dont know why!
Like me, im already geted infected by some how, when was listening music in winamp with Status window opened, it received strangers messages as "* /me: can't use /me in this window", and when i turnin in Querys or Channels i geted what im listening in a moment; this occur in Clear mIRC, without any kind of code remote/alias etc.
its wierd but is true.

Thats all

Link Copied to Clipboard