mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
I can't figure Mirc our. I am having troubles joining the channel #xxxpassword and can't seem to get any passwords when I use the comman .search topic ....>If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. I just want help on getting to any server and being able to interact. Am i supposed to register the chat channel before i join it or something?

Last edited by thfiel01; 20/03/06 02:43 PM.
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
We can't help you with commands that are specific to a channel. You will have to ask someone from that channel about how their commands work. It's possible that their channel is moderated (+m) which prevents anyone without a voice (+v) from saying anything in the channel.

-genius_at_work

T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
i use to see people in that channel and now i cant even see anyone

M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
If you can't see anyone on that channel, it might be due to two reasons (that I can think of right now):
1. there's actually no one in that channel, because it has been shut down OR because you've connected to a different network (i.e., this channel used to be on irc.network1.net and now it's on irc.different-network.net, and any of its variants).
2. There's a netsplit (for further information on netsplits, look here.)

As mentioned above, the 'search' command is specific to a channel, so you have to ask the people in charge of the channel (in case ANYONE's in charge of a room called #xxxpasswords :lol:)

If the help you're looking for is not detailed above, try this:
/server insert.network-name.here in any mIRC window (i.e., your status window) will automatically connect you to a server.
/join #channel will join a chat room.

Other commands, such as @search, @find, @gimmeyourpasswords and such, belong to script-controlled bots, and you'll have to ask someone else.

Hope it helps wink

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

Link Copied to Clipboard