mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Is it somehow possible to use "#" as a normal character - i.e. not as current channel alias?

I am trying to use this part of script but neither "#" sign nor "current-channel-name" are used in outcome...

/say # &+ %var

I want to say #word where "word" is frequently changed variable (either number which is increased/decreased or word) - is it possible at all?

And second (I guess really newbie) question - when mIRC is connected to multiple servers (with multiple channels) how can one specify to what server direct commands/messages? To me it seems that currently when nothing is specified mIRC scripts are send to the server which was last active (in front).

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
You can try using one of these examples to get a #

$(#,0)

or

$chr(35)

BTW, # is called octothorpe, not "double cross". :tongue:

-genius_at_work

V
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
V
Most people i know call it a 'hash'

OP Offline
Thanks. Works fine.

Heh, I really haven't suspected that # is called octothorpe shocked

And I am realizing that double cross (I think some teacher told us that name in the past) is in fact something which looks like two plus signs :-)

Hmmm, what exactly does $(#,0)? I mean why is it necessary to have second parameter there? confused
Because when I use $? and input # it works confused

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
$(input,0) is short for $eval(input,0) meaning that whatever input is, it may not be evaluated.

When doing //echo -a #, the hash (#) will evaluate to either $null (nothing) if you don't issue this command on a channel, or it will echo the channel name where you issue this. By telling mIRC it shouldn't evaluate the #, it will echo that specific char instead.

Why it works with $? or $input? Because any text that you enter in an input box isn't evaluated.

To illustrate eval some more try this: //echo -a $me vs $($me,0)

You can also escape identifiers from evaluation by using the exclamation mark ! like this:

//echo -a $me vs $!me

or by simply doing something like this:

//echo -a $me vs $ $+ me

Gone.
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Same here.

OP Offline
Thank you. Got it laugh

Can you help with the second question? I guess I better should not start another thread...

When mIRC is connected to multiple servers/networks how can I specify to what server direct commands/messages? To me it seems that currently when nothing is specified mIRC scripts are send to the server which was last active (in front).

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
For you to be able to do this, you need to know about how multi-server scripting works in mIRC. Basically, you'll want to set a connection to the active one by using /scon or /scid, and then issue your commands like doing a message or whatever.

You can use my $findcid() alias which can help you tremendously with this. I've included extensive documentation, which should be enough for you to understand how to tackle this problem.

Gone.
X
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
X
I think it would be better to start a new thread since your question does not have anything to do with your first question. wink

I would suggestion you to read the help file regarding /scon & $activecid

/help /scon
/help $activecid

If you have a plastic floor runner over your tiles, then you're one Hella Pinoy!
OP Offline
Ok, thank you all, I'll look into it cool

(I haven't seen it in the mIRC help, sigh, a bit unfriendly wink )

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I have a small lib of /alias and $identifiers that i call alot, one is alias # return $chr(35) then i just use $# in place of #.

Link Copied to Clipboard