mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
O
Othello Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
O
I realize windows mobil 5 is not popular version of windows for surfing mIRC. But I would like to put mIRC on my MDA III communicator for staying in touch with friends on IRC.

Intelligence: It's better to ask a stupid question, then to prove it by not asking....
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
There are no plans to expand mIRC on to other operating systems I'm afraid.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
The only advise I can give you is to grab a copy of Linux that will run on the type of processor your PocketPC has, and then use WINE to run mIRC under that. I have a PDA running windows mobile 5, but have never tried putting Linux on it. I have heard its possible though.

Basicer - Windows 7 Business x86
V
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
V
mIRC and msnim work on smartphones, a friend of mine regularly goes on irc using it.

B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
Are you sure mIRC is actualy the proram thats running, I find that hard to beleive.

V
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
V
well smartphones run windows, and his ran mIRC, i dns'd his ip which resolved it to an orange smartphone address. i don't know why i'm defending this in words, i was even there shocked

B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
I was just curious because I have an iPaq running Windows Mobile (same thing as a smart phone really, just minus the phone part). It can Run MSNIM but it certainly cant run mIRC or any other regular windows application, mostly because it uses an ARM processor. It can however run other similar IRC clients. Your friend must have one heck of a phone, do you know the model ?

S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
Quote:
The only advise I can give you is to grab a copy of Linux that will run on the type of processor your PocketPC has, and then use WINE to run mIRC under that. I have a PDA running windows mobile 5, but have never tried putting Linux on it. I have heard its possible though.

WINE and mIRC only work on x86 and x86_64. You need to compile it for diffrent processor arcitextures,,,reguardless of whaich api or os runs it.

So no...unless Khaled decieds to port it to other architextures (though not operating systems) [BTW...visual studio has the option to cross compile to diffrent windows supported architechture. Inclueding windows mobil]

Link Copied to Clipboard