Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
R
Code:
on me:*:nick:{
.titlebar $newnick
}

I wrote this little code so that I could tell quickly, even when mIRC was minimized to the tray, rather than the taskbar, what nick was currently in use. It worked fine with 6.16, however, it doesn't seem to want to work with 6.17

Do I have to change the code so that it'll work with 6.17? If so, how and why?

J
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
looks like a bug with that 'me' prefix frown guess you gota add that if ($me == $newnick) test ;S

"The only excuse for making a useless script is that one admires it intensely" - Oscar Wilde
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Check for a custom titlebar alias, and or add a ///ECHO -st ON ME:*:NICK triggered $nick -> $newnick to the start of the event to see if its going off.
Becuase your code worked for me (6.17)

--edit--

just double checked with my nick in a channel as well, and then relaisied it isnt triggering at all, really wierd because my nicks in the titlebar already?!?!?!?!?!?! (must be some settings somewhere)

I was missreading what titlebar info i was looking at sorry.

Last edited by DaveC; 25/02/06 05:25 AM.
R
RusselB Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
R
mad There aren't any other titlebar aliases and that's the only ON NICK event I've got (doube & triple checked, even tried removing all other remotes), yet the event isn't running...the echo command isn't coming up either.

A solution that I have worked out (although I'd like to know why the original isn't working for me) is
Code:
 on *:nick:{ if ($me == $newnick) { .titlebar $newnick } }

While it works, knowing about the me prefix, makes it look messy.

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
It seems that mIRC is updating the value of $me before it executes the on NICK event.

Code:
on *:NICK:{
  echo -a Me: $me 
  echo -a Nick: $nick 
  echo -a NewNick: $newnick
  echo -a Raw: $rawmsg
}

Code:
Me: [color:green]NickA[/color]
Nick: [color:blue]NickB[/color]
NewNick: [color:green]NickA[/color]
Raw: :[color:blue]NickB[/color]!ident@host.com NICK :NickA

I'm guessing that the "me:" prefix is essentially this code:

if ($me == $nick) ;execute event

But since $me has already been updated to the value of $newnick, it no longer matches $nick (obviously).

-genius_at_work

R
RusselB Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
R
I wonder if that's going to break any of the other scripts I have that use the me prefix? Hope not, cause if it does, I'm going back to 6.16 real fast.

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
I don't know if this is a bug as of 6.17 (I don't think I've used the me: prefix on a NICK event personally). If it is a new bug, and my deduction is correct, then I would assume that this would break any "on me:*:NICK:" events.

-edit-
I just confirmed this in my PnP 4.22 code. The "on me:*:NICK:" event doesn't work on 6.17.

If anyone is interested, here is the fix I used:

Code:
File: ctcp.mrc

Line: 360

Previous:
on me:*:NICK:{ hadd pnp. $+ $cid -myself $newnick $+ ! $+ $gettok($fulladdress,2-,33) | .timer -mo 1 0 _upd.title }

New: 
  if (($version == 6.17) && ($me != $newnick)) return
  hadd pnp. $+ $cid -myself $newnick $+ ! $+ $gettok($fulladdress,2-,33) 
  .timer -mo 1 0 _upd.title 
}

Reason: mIRC 6.17 Bug prevents "on me:*:NICK:" events from working properly.

-genius_at_work

Last edited by genius_at_work; 25/02/06 06:03 AM.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I played with what you had too
on me*:nick:{
titlebar $newnick
}
this worked, was the : there in 6.16?

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
using on me:*: seems to work fine for other events, just not on nick. me*: works for them all, but this is because it will trigger for everybody

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
I found that using this format allows the existing code to work like previous versions:

Code:
on me:[color:red]^[/color]*:NICK:{

}

I'll wait a while, and if no one gives any reason for not using this code, I will post the fixes I used in PnP 4.22.

-genius_at_work

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
That would make sence since ^ is before mircs default action, so ya nick hasnt changed yet.

R
RusselB Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
R
Yes it was there in 6.16

R
RusselB Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
R
Thanks Genius..I'll keep my eyes open here for further developments

V
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
V
hmmm... just use

on ^1:nick:{ blah blah }

R
RusselB Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
R
I'm not familiar with the ^ prefix, and the reason I was using the me prefix is because I only wanted it to change if I changed my nick. But I will give that a try (as was similarily suggested by Genius_at_work)

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
From what I understand, the ^ prefix makes the event trigger before mIRC has done its internal processing, as opposed to regular events which are triggered after mIRC's internal processing. (Anyone correct me if I'm wrong here.)

Anyway, here are the changes I made to PnP for anyone who is interested:

Code:
File: ctcp.mrc

Line: 360

Previous:
on me:*:NICK:{ hadd pnp. $+ $cid -myself $newnick $+ ! $+ $gettok($fulladdress,2-,33) | .timer -mo 1 0 _upd.title }

New: 
on me:^*:NICK:{ hadd pnp. $+ $cid -myself $newnick $+ ! $+ $gettok($fulladdress,2-,33) | .timer -mo 1 0 _upd.title }

Code:
File ctcp.mrc

Line: 481

Previous:

New:
on ^*:NICK:{

Code:
File: dcc.mrc

Line: 362

Previous:
on ^*:NICK:if ($nick == $newnick) return | :loop | if ($fline(@DCCQueue,$nick $+ 	* $chr(91) $+ $cid $+ $chr(93) $+ 	*,1)) { rline @DCCQueue $ifmatch $puttok($line(@DCCQueue,$ifmatch),$newnick,1,9) | goto loop }

New:
on ^*:NICK:if ($nick == $newnick) return | :loop | if ($fline(@DCCQueue,$nick $+ 	* $chr(91) $+ $cid $+ $chr(93) $+ 	*,1)) { rline @DCCQueue $ifmatch $puttok($line(@DCCQueue,$ifmatch),$newnick,1,9) | goto loop }

Code:
File: protect.mrc

Line: 470

Previous:
on !*:NICK:{

New:
on !^*:NICK:{

Code:
File: away.mrc

Line: 484

Previous:
on me:*:NICK:if ($hget(pnp. $+ $cid,away)) .timer -m 1 0 _upd.away

New:
on me:^*:NICK:if ($hget(pnp. $+ $cid,away)) .timer -m 1 0 _upd.away

Code:
File: nickserv.ppa

Line: 489

Previous:
on me:*:NICK:.timer -m 1 0 .ns auto throttle

New:
on me:^*:NICK:.timer -m 1 0 .ns auto throttle

Code:
File: sound.ppa

Line: 1774

Previous:
on me:*:NICK:_resetleech

New:
on me:^*:NICK:_resetleech

Code:
File: script.mrc

Line: 561

Previous:
on *:NICK:{ if ($nick == $hget(pnp. $+ $cid,-nickrc)) { if ($nick == $me) { hdel pnp. $+ $cid -nickrc | _donretake } | elseif ($nick != $newnick) _retakecheck } | else if (($nick == $me) && ($newnick == $hget(pnp. $+ $cid,-nickretake))) hdel pnp. $+ $cid -nickretake }

New:
on ^*:NICK:{ if ($nick == $hget(pnp. $+ $cid,-nickrc)) { if ($nick == $me) { hdel pnp. $+ $cid -nickrc | _donretake } | elseif ($nick != $newnick) _retakecheck } | else if (($nick == $me) && ($newnick == $hget(pnp. $+ $cid,-nickretake))) hdel pnp. $+ $cid -nickretake }

Code:
File: last.mrc

Line: 700

Previous:
on &*:NICK:{

New:
on &^*:NICK:{

Code:
File: last.mrc

Line: 1047

Previous:

New:
on ^*:NICK:{

Not all of those events are prefixed with me: , but they use the $nick and $newnick identifiers in some of them.

Some of those events are in sections that I rarely (or never) use, so if anyone discovers that the changes I made break the code, post your findings here.

-genius_at_work

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
From what I understand, the ^ prefix makes the event trigger before mIRC has done its internal processing, as opposed to regular events which are triggered after mIRC's internal processing. (Anyone correct me if I'm wrong here.)

Thats somewhat correct, however in some events some things are already been updated, one i can think of is ...

ON ^*:TEXT:*:#:{ echo $chan ********** ********** $nick is about to say something , they have not said anything for $nick($chan,$nick) seconds ********** ********** }

That in theory should show the idle time of the nick since he said something, but always replies with zero, since the idle has already been reset by the user saying something, even tho were intercepting the event before mirc displays anything. (this is kinda explained somwehere in the help, in that the ^ triggers before mircs default action on an event or something like that)

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
I guess it wouldn't make sense if the ^ events triggered before any mIRC processing, because then there would be no identifiers available. The only way I could see it being like that is if the ^ events were like using a RAW event, and just the $1- and $rawmsg were set.

It looks like Khaled explained this problem in the related thread in the bug report forum.

-genius_at_work

Link Copied to Clipboard