mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
baa Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
i have a script that works well under non-ssl socket on port 80 to get something. but failed with ssl on port 443
what i do: i simply added a "-e" option to sockopen and modified the port to 443
expected: everything works as on 80, and the server certificate is authorized.
problem:
mIRC warn me that the certificate is invalidate or its name does not match the server name.
i have to press accept button. but the connection is lost when i /sockwrite 1 byte to it

reproduce:
/sockopen -e test1 sourceforge.net 443
/sockopen -e test2 sourceforge.net 443

ssl is enabled because:
/server -m irc +6668 <- no problem (note1)
/server -m sourceforge.net +443 <- no problem (note1)

note1:
both /sockopen and /server warn me that mIRC is "unable to get local issuer ceritifiate". this is somehow ok for /server but unacceptable for /sockopen

can anyone else test it before i post this thread to bug report?

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
I see to be having the same problem! I modified one of my previous socket bots to try and connect with SSL.
When I try to connect to an IRC server thru SSL, I get the normal acceptence dialog, I noticed on top where it says "Connecting to.." Mine says "Connecting to (+0)".
Then, in my debug window it shows..
-
:<server>.com NOTICE AUTH :*** Looking up your hostname...
:<serveR>.com NOTICE AUTH :*** Found your hostname (cached)
-
and as the same my connection is immediatly lost, but I do not write anything to the server.

I noticed after several times playing with some commands, reopning sockets and closing my mIRC likes to crash alot because of some ntdll.dll =|
I can't figure out what is wrong, maybe there is a bug/glitch in the new SSL (for sockets) feature..

EDIT:
When I did a normal /server -m <server> +<port> to connect via thru SSL, on top it said "Connecting to <server> (+<port>)"
So I'd say there is a bug with the new SSL (thru sockets) support.

Last edited by PhantasyX; 22/02/06 11:27 PM.

Live to Dream & Dream for Life

Link Copied to Clipboard