I see to be having the same problem! I modified one of my previous socket bots to try and connect with SSL.
When I try to connect to an IRC server thru SSL, I get the normal acceptence dialog, I noticed on top where it says "Connecting to.." Mine says "Connecting to (+0)".
Then, in my debug window it shows..
:<server>.com NOTICE AUTH :*** Looking up your hostname...
:<serveR>.com NOTICE AUTH :*** Found your hostname (cached)
and as the same my connection is immediatly lost, but I do not write anything to the server.
I noticed after several times playing with some commands, reopning sockets and closing my mIRC likes to crash alot because of some ntdll.dll =|
I can't figure out what is wrong, maybe there is a bug/glitch in the new SSL (for sockets) feature..
When I did a normal /server -m <server> +<port> to connect via thru SSL, on top it said "Connecting to <server> (+<port>)"
So I'd say there is a bug with the new SSL (thru sockets) support.
Last edited by PhantasyX; 22/02/06 11:27 PM.