mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Pasky Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
Hi, like others I use the new server window often and have many channels going at once sometimes. My biggest pet peeve with this is not seeing which server im on with that particular channel. I don't look at the title bar much, infact its very rare when I do. I was curious if it would be possible to implement this as an option to show this as say

[#Windows-Help@EFnet] For the channel button on mIRC's "window bar"

Thanks.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Have you tried the options available under mIRC Options - Display - Options - Multiserver?

P
Pasky Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
Yes I have, the suggestion I made is not one of them unfortunately. I keep a lot of my channels minimized and at some points I do get quite a bit so I don't like to cascade windows so I keep 2-3 open and use the tile option for all of them but only keep 2-3 opened. The options currently available don't allow for showing the server name in the channel button (whatever that toolbar is called where channels are minimized). Only the Channel title bar itself.

S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
yeah...
but...
but....
but....
the channels are grouped by server! they have nice little ---- between themm (well, nice | if you have a horizontal switch bar) taht tells you where groups start and end! and the status window has network name on it.....

P
Pasky Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
I see no such seperating bar, I don't think this request would be hard to do and to me seems far more superior than a seperating bar as I can just look at the mirc's "task bar" and see what server that channel is on.

Link Copied to Clipboard