mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
Iti s more like limitation.....

If you have a super dialog which is a dialog with lots of tabs and lots of IDs that needs to be hidden or made visable, then it seem that mIRC 6.17 (unlike older versions) have a limitation of 254 chars of the ID list.

I think that it is actualy 255, but considerign the SPACE that is being added after the /did -h dialog_name , then the space itself is considered as a byte, so you acn actualy have upto 255 chars after the dialog name.

This is a huge limitation for super dialogs frown frown confused
It is confired by few of my friends. Any idea why it was added ??
We are living in a Windows worlds and not Dos world... sure you can allow more than 255 chars after the dialog name???? confused

D
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
I was replying to someone and then his reply was delete... weird:

This is what I was going to say:

/did -h dialog 100,101,102,103,104,....,200,201,202,....

The list of IDs is being cut off exactly after 254 chars from the first digit. So it ir was cut off in ,174 (for example) but only the 17 got in then it will say: Invalid ID '17'

I saw that error with one of the super script which changes the whole look of mIRC!!! There was no problem with mIRC 6.16

I'm trying to code something (small script) that will show the problem. So far with the script that I just wrong, I don't get the problem.

L
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
L
Yeah, I talked about this in the Sysreset Script thread. From what I can tell, the problem occurs when it's long AND starts with 4 digit dialog id. I did a little checking to see if it had to do with the nature of the type of id as well, but that didn't seem to work. It seemed to be just 4 digit id's. Really odd.

D
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
No, it also happens with 3 digits IDs as far as I can tell.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That is correct, the recent change to /did limited the number of identifiers on one line to 256 characters. This will be extended in the next bugfix release.

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
Any idea when that next bugfix release is going to be ?

Link Copied to Clipboard