Print Thread
#142318 17/02/06 10:11 PM
D
Deedsy Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
D
I have noticed while i'm deopped and set away quite a few random users doing a .scanall -r in pm windows.
I never get these in pm while i'm opped. Is it another type of new exploit or virus lnfected users looking for something? confused

Never wrestle a pig, you both get dirty and the pig enjoys it
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I myself have never heard of it, but obviously they are skipping the chanops to avoid detection if you only see this while not opped.
I also have private msgs blocked unless you are on my list of approved people so that might be part of why.

is it a large channel?

D
Deedsy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
yeah, its a fairly large channel on DAlnet.
I've also noticed a few of the ones that have sent the .scanall -r are the infected adbots with the random letter nicks/idents. I've asked around, no one else has any idea. Maybe because it's something fairly new..

Never wrestle a pig, you both get dirty and the pig enjoys it
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
if it is sending that in a msg/query window I suspect its bad code in the adbot
scanall -r sounds like "scan all non-registered nicks" as DALnet uses mode +r to show you have identified to a registered nick

A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
Quote:
I have noticed while i'm deopped and set away quite a few random users doing a .scanall -r in pm windows.
I never get these in pm while i'm opped. Is it another type of new exploit or virus lnfected users looking for something? confused

confused

Link Copied to Clipboard