mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Z
Zach Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Z
I need someone to explain to me, how a machine that does not receive emails, was freshly built using windows 2000 pro.. has all of the sudden gotten mIRC on it.... and to top it off, this machine is extreemly important, and has valuable data on it, and this software is now preventing normal boot up.. in fact, it will not allow me to start explorer... and stops the boot process cold. I need to know how to get rid of this unwanted software.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Have a look at this thread.

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
Z
Zach Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Z
Thanks,

I will try to get the fix for the trojan.. but since its stopping the boot process.... what it does is times out trying to find mIRC servers.. then defaults to a blank page.. I can get to some programs through the task manager, I will see if I can put the fix on a floppy... Thanks,

Zach

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
email isnt the only way to get these trojans, could have been thru downloading something or clicking on an infected url.
as well as the thread Poppy suggested, vasil's link in this thread may interest you.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Z
Zach Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Z
Thanks..
I understand the ways to get the trojan viruses.. but the strange thing about this whole deal is, I had just built that machine... and connected it to a switch, as well as a link to the outside.... but nobody has access to that machine except me, and I have never browsed the internet... or received email on it, thats what was so strange, thanks for the link, I will look into it for sure.

Link Copied to Clipboard