mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
andywg Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
Whenever information is displayed in my status window (such as upon identifying myself for the nickname, or setting options for chatrooms), every line in the status window has a line underneath as if it is trying, and failing, to log the status window.

It appears to be date connected, for example today it displays as an example:

* /write: unable to open 'c:\program files\mirc\13\02\2006'

and this will appear under every single line of text generated in the window.

I have tried to see what the problem is but have been completely unlucky so far. Any ideas on what is causing this?

Cheers

Andy

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Looks like a script that is trying to write a file to your hard drive. It is NEVER a good idea to run a script unless you know what it does.

Specifically the problem here is that the code is trying to write the file called 2006 to the directory located at c:\program files\mirc\13\02

Odds are, you don't have a sub-directory called 13 off of the directory where mIRC was installed (in this case c:\program files\mirc) and it's even less likely that you have a sub-directory off of that called 02

If this is a setting for your logs, then I would recommend you stop using the script and use mIRC's built-in logger.

A
andywg Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
You were right, it was a script...Strange since I have only put one script on this, and that was for colour...

Anyway, it all seems fixed now.

Cheers.

Andy

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
probably something in the color script that was doing a log. Glad you were able to find the problem easily. If you need/want a different script for your colors, there are lots out there, and/or someone here might be willing to modify what you already have so that it doesn't cause that problem.

Personallly, I'd look at replacing the script rather than getting it modified.

Link Copied to Clipboard