mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Pap Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
P
I'm using mIRC to connect to multiple servers. I'm wondering if there is a way to make a script that replies with different values for:

Full Name
Ident

depending on the network that I'm connecting to. Basically so my /whois is completely different on both networks (besides IP of course).

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
The only way that I can see this being possible, is if you had IRCop status on each network, so that you could tell when someone else did a /whois on you.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
When using the /server command to connect to a server you can use the -i switch to specify a different Full Name. /help /server

As for identd you would have to connect to one server (until mIRC gets the IdentD request) then change your UserID using /identd and connect to the next server. If you wanted to use auto-reconnect then you'd need to handle that aswell. Alternately you could disable mIRC's IdentD server and use a stand-alone IdentD or a socket script that did the same.

R
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
R
I was wondering how to do this myself, I have a number of BNC accounts for different servers and its a pain having to change the Ident in mIRC on every connect.

Could someone paste up how to make a script to change the idents if possible, or tell me which ident server to download that supports multiple responses per server (though this might not be useful as im on the same server for a few accounts)

Thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard