mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Topic Options
#140823 - 30/01/06 12:34 AM DCC Get Times out
splatz Offline
Mostly harmless

Registered: 30/01/06
Posts: 1
When attempting to get files from people I usually get a message that says connection failed (Probably 90% of the time - works fine the other 10%) - if it fails it will normally happen within 30 seconds.
I am on a cable connection and have the the types of files that I can receive set up to only ignore a couple of types. (dll,vbs,etc) Any suggestions on why the status will start out as Accepting Send only to say connection failed without receiving any data?
Thanks-
Splatz

Top
#140824 - 30/01/06 03:05 AM Re: DCC Get Times out
RusselB Offline
Planetary brain

Registered: 03/08/04
Posts: 7252
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Sounds like the person that you're getting the files from isn't sending them, or their bandwidth is too full to send them, so the get command from your end isn't seeing the transfer in a reasonable amount of time, therefore generating a Time Out error.
You can adjust the timeout delay in mIRC Options - DCC - Options

Please note that under normal circumstances requests regarding filesharing (which is what it sounds like you're doing) are not answered in this forum.

Top