Print Thread
#14046 03/03/03 11:11 PM
B
broy Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
I am getting a connection tme out after a while. Can anyone help me out?

#14047 03/03/03 11:17 PM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ok this has been addressed several times ..... u can use the search feature at the top of the page to search for that subject ..... but in the mean time i think its mostly an XP issue and the XP firewall issue ..... ive had ti while that firewall is on ..... and the disabled it and it didnt happen again

D3m0nnet.com
#14048 05/03/03 12:19 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
You can read about the connection timed out error 10060 on this thread

Basically, i would say you could be trying to connect to a server that doesnt exist (or random server, which some networks arent allowing any more). Check out the website for the network (just put the network name in your favorite search engine) you are trying to connect to and write down some of their server names, then in your main mIRC window, try to join them by manually typing them in, like:
/server put.theserverinfo.here

Its possible there is a lot of lag and its just taking a while to connect to that server for you, so you could try going to file/options/connect/options, then click on the RETRY button and increase the time in "if not connected in ____ secs" to a lil higher ( i use 60 secs)

Another possibility is that you have a firewall and arent allowing mIRC or the server ports access thru it. (server ports 6660-6669, 7000-7002 and 113 for identd)

Regarding the winxp/firewall error issue that D3mOn mentioned, thats more likely to be an issue with 10053 (software causes connection abort) error, but wouldnt hurt to disable it to test. Also wouldnt hurt to click on 'How to install" to the left here and double check that you have everything filled into mIRC connect options. btw, you dont need to use your real email addy, and it isnt really a good idea to. just make something up for the part before the @ on the email addy line, (the part after the @ will be your provider, you cant change that) nor should you put your real name in the full name line, make something up.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard