Print Thread
#14009 03/03/03 06:07 PM
M
MDTyKe Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
mIRC is a good client, but it needs a re-write. The general look of it I feel is a little out dated. It needs to be setup so it can be properly themed, not MTS.. scrollbars can be redesigned, and things that can be done in MDX.dll can actually be done normally through mIRC. It needs something more modern to it, isd it just me or does it appear to you to be a little out dated with things? Even the layout of it seems very, simple. Not dissing any of the writers here though, as it still is an excellent program smile

#14010 04/03/03 12:37 AM
V
vcv Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
Use Klient.

#14011 09/03/03 12:06 PM
R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
[censored] themes.

I hate it when programs become all "Theme Vizualisation Customization Login Bar My Personal Login Centre"-ish.

As long as it's not ugly. Which mIRC admittedly is some times.

However, change the font and perhaps your background color and your mIRC will be all pretty.

Or y ou could try X-chat. That's my standard answer to anyone smile

#14012 09/03/03 04:46 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I actually like mIRC the way it is. Theming to a certain extent is good but when you look at it it is, on many occasions, way overdone. I reckon 3/4 of all scripts that are released for general download are just plain crap because of the heavy use of morbid-looking dark blue and black everywhere. Quite often the channel windows can't be seen either because of silly background images which also slow down the scroll. I notice that alot when I try an /ns list <blah> and in my own script I can receive, say, 2000 notices from NickServ in around 10 seconds and if there's a background image it would take several minutes.

I believe that mIRC is popular, partly, because it doesn't lay things on too thick. The users have plenty of control over the way mIRC looks. I say we should hope that continues.

Link Copied to Clipboard