mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
J
Can someone help me with an alias where I have two servers, say a and b, and in each server I have say two channels on each server that I want to join. When I assign a function key to run the script all four channels open on the first server. I've tried using the timer command thinking the second server needed to load first but this did not work. What I want is to have two channels open on the first server and the second two open in the second. I'm new to mIRC so excuse me if this is a stupid question. I'm just stuck at the moment. Thanks in advance.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Code:
 f10 {
/server <server1> -j <chan1>,<chan2>
/server -m <server2> -j <chan3>,<chan4>
}

That's a basic script. I put it attached to the F10 key, but you can change that as you wish

J
OP Offline
J
Awesome,

Thanks Russell, worked like a champ. One more question for you, do you script a whisper on a channel the same way you do a channel for a server? Meaning, if I know someone is going to be on a specific channel and I want to load the server then the channel then that particular user, do I just use the join command to make a window become active for the user?

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
the command your looking for is /query nick
i think
i had a little trouble following that
you want it to when you strike a key to open private chats with certain people you will chose?

Last edited by NeUtRoN_StaR; 18/01/06 05:48 AM.
J
OP Offline
J
Let me clarify a little more of what I want to do. After running the script, since I have several server windows open, I'd like those to minimize automatically. In addition I'd like to set up some private windows from individuals in several channels. I tried the /query command in the script provided by Russell but it will only work with the last room in the string, otherwise it just stops running. I've also found no way to minimize the server windows via a mIRC command.

Thanks

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Quote:
Awesome,

Thanks Russell, worked like a champ. One more question for you, do you script a whisper on a channel the same way you do a channel for a server? Meaning, if I know someone is going to be on a specific channel and I want to load the server then the channel then that particular user, do I just use the join command to make a window become active for the user?

so when you connect to specific Server you want to open a Query window for a certain nickname (whether they are are online or not?)
in addition to :
f10 {
/server <server1> -j <chan1>,<chan2>
/server -m <server2> -j <chan3>,<chan4>
}
add a new remote event "on connect"
on *:connect:network1: query nickname1
on *:connect:network2: query nickname2 | query nickname3

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
on CONNECT doesn't have a network name field.

on *:CONNECT:if ( $network == QuakeNet ) { query nickname1 }
on *:CONNECT:if ( $network == UnderNet ) { query nickname2 | query nickname3 }

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
blush Oops heh, I knew I should have looked first.

J
OP Offline
J
Thanks all I'll give it a try and report my results.

J
OP Offline
J
I couldn't get it to work, it keeps telling me I'm not connected to a channel, even when I try to run it fromthe server command line. Should I be using $network or $server?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
as Collective posted
Code:
on *:CONNECT:if ( $network == QuakeNet ) { query nickname1 }
on *:CONNECT:if ( $network == UnderNet ) { query nickname2 | query nickname3 }

if you have that with the actuall Network names and Nicknames it should be working.
If you have it and there are still error messages I would look for bracket mismatches {} as a start

Link Copied to Clipboard