Print Thread
#1394 12/12/02 09:30 PM
C
Codican Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
I would like to see mIRC have a remote that would be triggered when a file is incoming.

The script should be able to:
1. Accept or reject the file. I know mIRC supports filtering file extensions, but it would be nice if other criteria could be used such as blocking files containing certain words.
2. Change the name and/or location of the file BEFORE any data is written. Waiting until a file is complete and moving or renaming in the FILERCVD remote is insufficent.
3. Choose whether to append or overwrite the file if it exists. mIRC has this option, but it applies to all files. I would like to choose based on my own criteria.

#1395 12/12/02 10:36 PM
D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
This may help a little bit .. quoted from the mIRC help file:

You can manually redirect an incoming dcc send to a specific folder with /dcc get <folder>. You can use /dcc reject to reject the dcc send. Both of these commands must be called from within the CTCP event or the on DCCSERVER send event. $filename returns name of file.

The /dcc command takes quite a few parameters (such as get/reject/etc.) that you may want to look into. smile

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
#1396 13/12/02 12:10 AM
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Before any DCC Send actuall comes through, the sending client also sends a notice, which can be picked up and parsed by on NOTICE. After that, you can check for ctcp *:DCC SEND*:?:

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
#1397 13/12/02 02:49 AM
C
Codican Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
Thanks guys.

Link Copied to Clipboard