mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
N
I've read through the topics on this issue, no solid answers anywhere.

I have a linksys router, XP sp1

Every application I have keeps connected to the internet without any problems, except for mirc

* [10053] Software caused connection abort

Happens a couple times a day
Please help

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It's not a good idea to post the same question everywhere, especially when you are going from bottom to top. Read my answer in the other forum.

N
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
N
hi nice job raising post count again with 0 help

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you'd bother to read the other thread you started you'll see that I directed you to a post right above that one that lists and defines common connection errors. So next time you decide to bag 700 or so posts you'll realise that there is quality among the quantity. No-one can ever say that I don't help where I am able to.

N
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
N
nice job raising post count again, get a clue - that link offers no help whatsoever to the problem in terms of fixing it

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you'd bother to read the other thread you started you'll see that I directed you to a post right above that one that lists and defines common connection errors. So next time you decide to bag 700 or so posts you'll realise that there is quality among the quantity. No-one can ever say that I don't help where I am able to.

I would however consider that posting the same question in more than one forum is more likely to be regarded as boosting one's post count. It's also annoying though I chose to be nice and just remind you of this and again point you in the right direction in hoping that Merlin's sticky post will explain your problem.

N
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
N
well get a clue - that link you posted, and that sticky offer no fix to this problem. THAT IS WHY U SHOULD STOP POSTING AND LET SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO FIX IT REPLY

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
get a clue...see that option at the top called search? Use it if you put in the following

select all forums. then in the search field type "10053" and then select all posts...this will give you a whole list of things that could help...rather than bitch about something stupid

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
So your failure to sort it means you can bite the hand that feeds you?

Your problem was "Software caused connection abort"

Merlin's post gets most people around the issue.

N
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
N
you and your magical link again eh?

it just doesnt register in your brain that the link offers no help whatsoever to fix it.

X
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
X
wtf nonpoint, "raise your post count again" isnt that what you are doing? Posting the same question on different forums, and also by posting the same awnsers? how old are you 11, 12? You need to grow up. He is offering FREE help. He isnt payed to do this, nor does he half to help you. So I reccomend you shut up, and leave this forum. I know I will be ignoring all your future post. mad

;Check for Life

if (%life == $null) {
goto getlife
}
N
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
N
thats right, i dont want him to help me. he has no info on how to fix, none of his links do either.

X
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
X
then dont complain. If it didnt help, it didnt help. You have no ethics.

;Check for Life

if (%life == $null) {
goto getlife
}
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yeah, fair enough. That leaves you two choices:

1. Is there any other information that you can provide or direct me to?

Or...

2. You are just boosting your post count, get a clue, that link was no help!

You'll get more co-operation by respecting people.

1. I am not infront of your machine.
2. The issue, granted, can be caused by many things.
3. People who set up home networks hardly ever, if ever, read the instructions and try to familiarise themselves with networking terminology, rather they just plug everything together and expect it to work for them first go.

Sorry, but it just doesn't work like that and never will. From my own experiences I have had a home network, a farily substantial one, upto 7 machines at one time with various flavours of Windows along with Mandrake and FreeBSD boxes. I have never suffered the connection abort issue in any version of mIRC so you can hardly expect any more than what you have already been given.

You seem to have very high expectations - my sincere apologies if my answer did not meet your impecceble standards.

*Watchdog genuflects.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Use the Search feature listed at the top of every screen on these forums. Set it for All posts and All dates. As your search text, use 10053. That will pull up a listing of all of the threads in which your problem has been talked about in. Perhaps you might find a viable solution; probably not, though. To date, no one has managed to solve the problem for everyone.

Next point: starting multiple identical threads in different forums is a waste of time. Most of us read all of the forums - no need to boost your own post count. If you persist, duplicate threads will simply be removed.

Last point: you come here seeking help, yet your attitude is enough to try the patience of a saint. Pissing off the people trying to help you (at all) is not a good troubleshooting strategy. You'll tend to get perfectly reasonable answers like, "Box up your computer and return it to where you got it, you're not ready to own a computer."

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C

Link Copied to Clipboard