OP Offline
Vogon poet
O
hi i have the following script:

Code:
on *:text:*:#mybooks:{
  echo -a a
  if ($regex($strip($1-),/Triggers:\[(.*)\]/)) {
    var %cmd = $remove($gettok($regml(1),1,45),])
    echo -a %cmd
    echo -a b
    if (/ctcp $nick * iswm %cmd) {
      echo -a c
      %cmd
      if (!$read(somefile.txt,w,$+(*,$nick,*))) {
        echo -a d
        write booktriggers.txt $nick $+ $chr(9) $+ %cmd
      }
    }
  }
  elseif ($regex($strip($1-),/Triggers:\«(.*)\»/)) {
    echo -a aa
    var %cmd = $remove($gettok($regml(1),1,187),»)
    if (/ctcp $nick * iswm %cmd) {
      echo -a bb
      %cmd
      if (!$read(somefile.txt,w,$+(*,$nick,*))) {
        echo -a cc
        write booktriggers.txt $nick $+ $chr(9) $+ %cmd
      }
    }
  }
}

it was designed to set off a trigger of 2 styles of fileserver ads, whcih triggers a seperate script.

the 2 ads r as follows
Code:
[04:27:48]pm <MY-Book1> File Server Online Triggers:«  /ctcp MY-Book1 !trigger1  » Sends:«0/2» Queues:«0/10» Accessed:«6 times» Online:«0/4» RCPS:«0 cps by n/a» Served:«0B in 0 files» Current BW:«0 cps» AQT:«No Wait» MOTD: -= Invision 2.0 Build 1816

and
Code:
[04:29:50]pm <My-Book2> [Fserve Active] - Trigger:[/ctcp My-Book2 Gimme My Damn Books] - Users:[0/5] - Record CPS:[22.3kB/s by Matrix] - Files Sent:[4] - Accesses:[15] - Current Bandwidth:[45.4kB/s] - SysReset 2.53

the first IF event is meant to trigger Fileserver type 2 and The 2nd IF Eveent, File Server Type 1

Currently the 2nd IF works perfectly how it is, howerver it is the First IF i had a problem with

as you can see i added echo's in there so you can see exactly what happens from the scripts pt of view

a
/ctcp My
b

now the script works fine except when a nick has a - in the name (i.e My-Books2) it doesnt read on.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Its here...

if ($regex($strip($1-),/Triggers:\[(.*)\]/)) {
$reml(1) is likely = to /ctcp My-Book2 Gimme My Damn Books] - Users:[0/5] - Record CPS:[22.3kB/s by Matrix] - Files Sent:[4] - Accesses:[15] - Current Bandwidth:[45.4kB/s
$gettok( ???? ,1,45) is ment to give you /ctcp My-Book2 Gimme My Damn Books] ie the trigger!, but returns /ctcp My due to the "-" (asc45) in the nick (as u said), lastly the $remove rips the "]" off of the text

var %cmd = $gettok($regml(1),1-2,32) $remove($gettok($gettok($regml(1),3-,32),1,45),])
^ that might work (however if a trigger has a ] in it it well be swallowed up (as it would also have done in your original)

var %cmd = $gettok($regml(1),1-2,32) $left($gettok($gettok($regml(1),3-,32),1,45),-2)
^ that might be better, -2 to remove the "]<space>" off the end

PS: shouldnt that "books" in your trigger end in a z ? <grin>

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
I think this is the problem..

You have:

which is 'remove all "]" characters from the text before the "-" character.' Try this:

var %cmd = $remove($gettok($regml(1),1,93),])

-genius_at_work

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
using that, you wouldnt need the $remove, and while it would work 99% of the time its still got that problem with ] being in the trigger, mind you so did mine with having - in the trigger!

Link Copied to Clipboard