mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
rarara Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
R
If I am queued for a video and need to turn off the computer will I still be able to recieve the video while my computer is off? and if I get disconected will I still be queued? Also if I turn off my computer and they are unable to send me the video will they put me back in queue?

M
Babel fish
Babel fish
M
Quote:
If I am queued for a video and need to turn off the computer will I still be able to recieve the video while my computer is off?

Possibly, but you'll need to make sure your computer is off for a really long time to make sure. So don't turn it back on till sometime next decade.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Not likely...usually with filesharing (which isn't officially supported on this forum), if you aren't able to get the file when it's your turn,then you're out of luck and have to try again.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
will I still be able to recieve the video while my computer is off?

You are the weakest link, Goodbye!

T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
I hate to do this to you, but as Russel usually says it best. "This is not a firesharing client". he is right, and no this has nothing to do with DCC it actually has to do with the server being run. This is not a question that should be on mIRC boards.

And no, you probably won't stay in line. Most good servers terminate the position in the queue when the connection is server. No way of really regaining that link if the client is gone now is there.

Ask the host of the server, and for the sake of the kittens, stop downloading pirated content.

Link Copied to Clipboard