mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
When I join #example I would like the date to be shown. I have read some of the help file and came up with this
Code:
on *:join:#example: { echo -a $fulldate }
which you can probably see, dont work. Please can someone help me with this? Also could someone point me to a guide on scripting that is tailored to a newbie? Thanks.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
on me:*:join:#example: echo -a $fulldate

For help type /help

Gone.
B
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
Thanks FiberOPtics but thats not doing it either.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Then that is a problem on your side as the code is fine.

Are your remotes on? Type /remote on

Also type //echo -a $base($remote,10,2,3)

and tell me what it echoed.

Also, make sure that you add this to a new script file, because if you have other on join code in that script file, it will not trigger. Press alt+r, go to "File" --> click "New" and paste the code there.

By the way, you did change #example to the actual channel that you want this to trigger on, right?

If you want it to trigger on all channels you join, simply put #

If you want it to trigger on 1 channel, for example "#example", put #example

If you want it to trigger on multiple channels, seperate them with a comma like this: #mirc,#help,#fop

Gone.
B
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
ok typed //echo -a $base($remote,10,2,3) and 111 was echoed. I got it working now by creating a new script file, as you suggested. Can you tell me why a new script file was needed for that script to trigger? Thanks for your help!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Because in general you can only have one on join event per script file, mIRC ignores any others, that's just the way it is. There are of course exceptions to this rule, but it's not needed to get into this if you don't know scripting yet.

In general, when you have two identical events in a script file, only the first will trigger.

There are quite some exceptions to this, because you can customize the matching of the event (such as on text), so that two seemingly similar events are distinguished as different, and a bunch of other ways but I don't feel like enumerating them, it would be a waste of effort.

Gone.
B
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
I think I get the general idea of why it wasnt working. Thanks again! I appreciate your help!

#138260 01/01/06 08:53 PM
T
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
T
hi, for some reason i keep getting dc off efnet every 5/10 mins with the 10054 error...cant seem to stop it....
and what i am trying to do is send my self files from some1s xdcc server...
i want to try and create some sort of script so everytime i rejoin the channel, it waits till my other nick has died....(which should be enough time for the transfer to timeout aswel)
and then the msg to send the file gets typed automatically within that channel...

iv tried on quit commands, but i cant seem to specifiy it to only type the msg when my old nick quits...

any ideas ?

also the reason why iv quoted within this topic is, cuz i cant seem to start a new topic on this site ??

Link Copied to Clipboard